Sign in to follow this  
steelersmomma

Needing help deciding on a system

Hello Everyone,

So I'm dealing with an issue with my neighbor. Basically she's filing false claims to animal control stating that our dogs bark all the time. When in all reality she has an issue with my husband and I because we're younger, have a house twice the size of hers, ect. She's contacted animal control and our HOA over 9 times within the past 15 months of us purchasing and moving into our home.

We have several months worth of video tape footage taken from our phones to prove our case every time we let our dogs outside. Although knowing animal control refuses to tell her to stop contacting them she can push this all the way to court. In court we want to show with out a doubt that we're not lying and proving with a 24 hour a day video/audio camera (since she can try to claim we let them out and don't always video/write in the log). We want a cheaper camera's since we don't need it for anything other than showing our dogs not barking. As long as you see the dogs outside and you can "hear" them that's all that matters to us. The only issue is we want to record what could be several months worth of video footage because we never know when she will strike again which this time will end up having an officer coming to the house to investigate to see if this can be taken to trial (which if we have all the video/audio footage that's being taken 24/7 it wouldn't). So I'm hoping you would help point us in the right direction to find a cheap method to record everything in our yard 24/7. The last thing we need is to go to court knowing we've already been to mediation. Not to mention in my city they can press misdemeanor charges against you which looks extremely bad on my husbands military career even if all charges are dropped.

TIA on helping us in this sad, petty situation.

Trish

Hello Everyone,

So I'm dealing with an issue with my neighbor. Basically she's filing false claims to animal control stating that our dogs bark all the time. When in all reality she has an issue with my husband and I because we're younger, have a house twice the size of hers, ect. She's contacted animal control and our HOA over 9 times within the past 15 months of us purchasing and moving into our home.

We have several months worth of video tape footage taken from our phones to prove our case every time we let our dogs outside. Although knowing animal control refuses to tell her to stop contacting them she can push this all the way to court. In court we want to show with out a doubt that we're not lying and proving with a 24 hour a day video/audio camera (since she can try to claim we let them out and don't always video/write in the log). We want a cheaper camera's since we don't need it for anything other than showing our dogs not barking. As long as you see the dogs outside and you can "hear" them that's all that matters to us. The only issue is we want to record what could be several months worth of video footage because we never know when she will strike again which this time will end up having an officer coming to the house to investigate to see if this can be taken to trial (which if we have all the video/audio footage that's being taken 24/7 it wouldn't). So I'm hoping you would help point us in the right direction to find a cheap method to record everything in our yard 24/7. The last thing we need is to go to court knowing we've already been to mediation. Not to mention in my city they can press misdemeanor charges against you which looks extremely bad on my husbands military career even if all charges are dropped.

TIA on helping us in this sad, petty situation.

Trish

HI

it is easy to find a Dlink's WIFI IP camera to record .

You can buy it in bestbuy or other shop .

Philip

Simply tell/warn her (verbally and with a registered letter) that you are now recording everything in your yard 24x7 and you are prepared to show that video as evidence to the police and to the court. And, with that evidence, if she files false reports against you, you will pursue libel and slander charges against her in civil court.

A Sharx Security SCNC3606 with a big SD card might work for your needs, but a warning to her of what you plan to do may be enough.

Whats bizarre here is that it seems like this question is being posed from the wrong side of the fence.

Ronp has it right though, informing her will be worth more than any evidence you can bring forth. It might even be enough to get her to move on with her life. You could probably get away with a dummy cam at that point.

I agree...most neighbors will back off when warned. In my case there is an adult who backed off after numerous warnings, but a 12 year old that is very criminally minded. My situation is very different. My neighbors are people who do not watch their kids and let them run around without supervision of any kind...Even at 3am.

I have a different situation, but am needing help in buying a decent system.

Is there a sticky or a certain place on this forum that compares the modern systems side-by-side? I'm not afraid to do my homework, but have 2 or 3 projects going on right now and want to have surveillance on my house because i need to go out of town and this family definitely knows when I leave...if you know what i mean! Thieves!