vexhold

Which home security cameras?

I know this probably gets asked a ton, but I am looking to install CCTV cameras at my house due to a couple break ins in the neighborhood, and I am putting in a pool and want to monitor the activity.

I have looked at a couple systems, but none seem to fit what I want.

I am looking for:

Wired IP

HD color Day / Mono Night

Optional Audio

NOT HUGE

I can find cameras that cover most of these options, but the hard one to find for me is the size. I don't want to have huge cameras all over my house.

I have to consider the WAF.

Thanks!

What would be considered too huge? Size is very relative, gotta give us something to compare it to!

Consider domes, especially low-light domes without IR. They aren't petite but blend in and don't have the STARING AT YOUR FACE quality that bullets do. Works wonders on the WAF, at least outside. Indoor domes in my house? Not really my thing. Cube cameras indoors are cutesy and easily ignored, especially if they're sitting on a computer desk and everybody thinks they're a webcam.

Axis seems to be among the best from my research and am looking to get them in my home if I can find a good installer.

Hi,

Are you sure you want IP? You can get a HD Analogue system for so much cheaper, and get the DVR networked so that it can be viewed online and on your mobile phone.

www.cctvdirect.co.uk do HD kits - and provide a service to connect your DVR to the internet, and then you access your images from anywhere. Also have a choice of cameras on those kits so you could choose the best - I'm sure they could also mix and match different cameras if that would suit you better.

Hope this helps

As you are looking for Wired IP, HD Color Day / Mono Night in a small one CCTV camera, i recommend you to consider Domes with wired IP and if you have a limited budget you can consult with some professional installers, they can help you, i have tried it myself and found a sound solution.

Numerous companies introduces different types of ranges depending on material and quality products. I have installed local CCTV cameras which are best and providing me good feedback at the time of emergency needs.