Dâniel Fraga

New Dahua HFW2100 firmware (2.210 - 2013/03): no recording?

I got the new Dahua HFW2100 firmware (2.210.0000.0.R, build : 2013-03-13) from my re-seller and I upgraded it succesfully. It has new options (https login, better picture controls, a much improved motion detection area settings etc).

The problem is: it isn't recording anything to the FTP. I already tried to reset to default settings and reconfigure the settings again, without success. Everything is correctly configured in Event and Storage menus.

With previous firmware (2012/10) everything works fine.

Is anybody using the same firmware and noticed the same FTP recording issue?

Thank you.

Ps: please don't ask for the firmware since I can't redistribute it (it contains dealer code buitin and the dealer could lose

the reseller's license if it is distributed so ask your own reseller if you want it).

better picture controls, a much improved motion detection area settings etc

Can you expand on the better picture controls and much improved motion detection areas? What all has improved? Thank you.

better picture controls, a much improved motion detection area settings etc

Can you expand on the better picture controls and much improved motion detection areas? What all has improved? Thank you.

Yes, this firmware adds in the "Conditions" menu: Sharpness control, Anti-flicker (outdoor, 50Hz, 60Hz), profile management (you

could create different profiles so you can use during different hours of the day.

The "Video" menu shows a neww H.264H encode mode.

The "Video detect" -> Motion detect -> Area allows the user to select 4 areas using the flexible square/rectangle (just like the

Foscam cameras), instead of the old method of choosing fixed size squares and they added Sensivity and Threshold controls (both going from 0 to 100). In the previous firmware, I remember the sensitivity was restricted from 1 to 5.

The FTP folder path name now accepts "_" and "-" characters too.

In the "Information" menu we have a new "Online user" entry so we can see which users are connected to the camera.

At least these are the changes I noticed. Unfortunately I'm dealing with the recording issue, so I hope they can fix it soon, otherwise I'll have to downgrade.

Thanks a bunch for this info and I hope the FTP is worked out.

I'm also curious about the profile setup because that is exactly what I was looking for recently from the NVR that has the menu in it but didn't work. I wonder if now that the cameras have the ability, will it work via the NVR period setting menu. For NVR users such as myself, it would be great if it did. I can set it up within the camera, but the menu in the NVR would be even better. My reseller told me of a FW update for the 2MP mini dome as well, which I'd wager is mostly like this one. Thanks a bunch for the menu pictures.

Mind emailing me the firmware and I'll host it for everyone ? My email is my username @gmail.com Thanks

Unfortunately I can't. I promised the dealer I wouldn't redistribute it since it contains the dealer information builtin. If Dahua knows about that the dealer could lose the license to sell these cameras.

Please ask your dealer for the firmware.

I hope this Firmware comes out for the Q-see model soon. An improvment in the motion detection settings is much needed. I hate sifting thru hundreds of emailed images of false alarms.

(quick) 2nd

dexterash, did you test the new firmware using FTP recording? Any news on this?

Ps: My reseller is waiting Dahua's reply to make sure it's safe to downgrade do 20121031 firmware, just in case Dahua can't fix it soon.

(quick) 2nd

dexterash, did you test the new firmware using FTP recording? Any news on this?

Ps: My reseller is waiting Dahua's reply to make sure it's safe to downgrade do 20121031 firmware, just in case Dahua can't fix it soon.

Solved. I downgraded and everything is back to normal. So for those who upgraded, you can downgrade without problem, until Dahua fixes this.