bhongskie

port forwarding for my DVR can view inthe internet. pls help

hello guys...

im a new guy in this forum im glad that i found your forum in the net.. i hope that you can help me with my problems.. with all the experts outher

1st thing i want my DVR to view through the internet.

i tried to use port forwarding ..i use the static IP adress that have in my DVR network settings..

but i failed..

i have a TP-LINK TD-W8960N Wireless Router ..

can you pls tell me step by step how to configure port forwarding into my router and my dvr... do that i can view through the internet...

tnx guys ... waiting for your reply...

sorry for bad english...

First, are you sure you have a STATIC IP ADDRESS assigned from your Internet Service Provider and that it doesn't change?

Usually, you have to pay extra for that.

If you are not sure, you probably have a DYNAMIC IP address, in which case you will have to use a port forwarding service.

DVR manufacturers usually have their own that you can use.

What you need is a dynamic DNS service to keep track of your changing dynamic IP address and they will map a hostname such as mydvr.com to your IP address so you can access it externally, you will still need to do your own port forwarding on your router.

The DVR manufacture will always provide the IP address,you can find it on the box of the product.

Or if there is not,you can use the PenatHull to make your IP address static.

The DVR manufacture will always provide the IP address,you can find it on the box of the product.

Or if there is not,you can use the PenatHull to make your IP address static.

This is not true, the DVR manufacture will give you the MAC address not the IP address, the MAC address is the hardware address assigned to an ethernet card.

How can the DVR manufacture set the IP address, they have no idea what private address space I use on my network.

Now for setting a static IP address, yes you can do this on the DVR but this would be an internal address, you can not set your external address as static this has to be done by your ISP.

DVR manufacturer will provide you IP? It ounds magic, I guess you mean some DVR suplier provide Cloud, which is only way to support web browser view not for PSS or CMS.

Are you bridge any router or IP sharing box, if you do you better Link router via Note book or PC by wired cable to check IP address and does it works then set up port forwarding at cetral management page of router. make sure both site of DVR and router is same IP address. Meantime also register DNS e.g. No-IP...

Step 1:

Open your web browser. Enter the router IP address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar,

followed by pressing Enter.

Step 2:

Enter the user name and password (admin by default) and press the OK button.

Step 3:

Select the Applications and Gaming tab.

Step 4:

Select the Port Range Forwarding tab.

- In the Application column enter a description of your DVR.

- In the Start entry field enter the first number of the port you need to port forward

(e.g. 80)

- In the End entry field enter the last number of the port you need to port forward

(e.g. 80)

- In the Protocol field, select Both.

- In the IP address field, enter the computer network IP address you recorded

previously during the Quick Set Up Guide process.

- Enable the system by checking the enabled box.

- Select the Save settings button located at the bottom of the page to save your

changes.

Port forwarding is now complete

hi

Firstly most dvr 's come out of the box with a Local IP preset, you HAVE to change that to match yure Local RANGE , once done you shld be able to see yure Login screen on yure network (after disabling active X etc etc ) ......

NOW , YES some of the newer Chinese DVR'S also COMING witha DYNAMIC IP fixed as default, but and I say again BUT .. be careful be very careful ..... that option can be dangerous ... let me tell u how ....

their DEFAULT IP dyndns host address is HOSTED on their HOST/DOMAIN and as we all know, can be risky as they can access/ interfere / probe yure Network/ computers/dvrs through this method...

I DON'T SAY THAT THEY ARE DOING IT , BUT recently when setting up one such DVR i kept getting a MALWARE/TROJAN ALERT repeatly when the DVR WAS CONNECTED , as soon as we DISCONNECTED the DVR from the NET AND RAN IT on its OWN the alerts stopped .... also we changed the dyndns to our regular site and the alerts went away completely .. has anyone else experienced this also ? pls share

thanks and HEED this warning : DONT USE ANY DEFAULT SETTINGS ,OUT OF THE BOX , PLS USE YOUR OWN TRUSTED SITE /DOMAINS FOR HOSTING

REgds Toolman67

hi

Firstly most dvr 's come out of the box with a Local IP preset, you HAVE to change that to match yure Local RANGE , once done you shld be able to see yure Login screen on yure network (after disabling active X etc etc ) ......

NOW , YES some of the newer Chinese DVR'S also COMING witha DYNAMIC IP fixed as default, but and I say again BUT .. be careful be very careful ..... that option can be dangerous ... let me tell u how ....

their DEFAULT IP dyndns host address is HOSTED on their HOST/DOMAIN and as we all know, can be risky as they can access/ interfere / probe yure Network/ computers/dvrs through this method...

I DON'T SAY THAT THEY ARE DOING IT , BUT recently when setting up one such DVR i kept getting a MALWARE/TROJAN ALERT repeatly when the DVR WAS CONNECTED , as soon as we DISCONNECTED the DVR from the NET AND RAN IT on its OWN the alerts stopped .... also we changed the dyndns to our regular site and the alerts went away completely .. has anyone else experienced this also ? pls share

thanks and HEED this warning : DONT USE ANY DEFAULT SETTINGS ,OUT OF THE BOX , PLS USE YOUR OWN TRUSTED SITE /DOMAINS FOR HOSTING

REgds Toolman67

DITTO! Use your own DNS account, two that I know to be reliable are Dyn DNS and No-IP.

can someone help me also please, ive got to a stage where i have set up everything and when i type in my dns name it comes up with the following (image). if i connect through safari on ipad or on the laptop it comes up with the same, plese can someone tell me what to do. thank you.

TvDPLycIKRnM6u2BM4zk6qfW3qp1Y3dM28qHB1uohmk.thumb.png.ee1cfc1523125fd1a4d290522fcf6632.png

@Toolman, you are right, you never know who can views, operates even chaneg your default. Hence better to do as you did at DDNS and/or portforwarding, even now some guys only want hassle-free to set up DVR to internet for pool networking knowledge. " title="Applause" />

@ 27901591

You can may set up at IE browser not under at Safari and/or chrome.

Don't they have a dedicated software to use?

Better to use the program. (Most DVRs do not have Mac compatibility.

Check if it has software for Mac)

See if you can see on the phone (assuming DVR provides app for it). If you can see it, port forwarding is done, and it's ready.

Good luck.

PS. Make sure you have a modem, not modem/router combo, before this TP link.

can someone help me also please, ive got to a stage where i have set up everything and when i type in my dns name it comes up with the following (image). if i connect through safari on ipad or on the laptop it comes up with the same, plese can someone tell me what to do. thank you.

Have you tried installing the ActiveX or simply entering the password?

I never suggest using any DDNS or DNS server you do not know nor trust, as anyone can setup a DNS server and server any record they want.

Please I need help. I have scurried all through the Internet and can't find help to my problem.

I have a Vivotek IP Surveillance setup with 18 cameras. Recording and playback using ST7501 is perfect on the local machine and any other workstation on my local LAN. The issue I have is with remotely accessing the server or individual cameras through the Internet.

I have setup port forwarding of the ST7501 default port 3454 and even 554 across my 2 routers. It will be worthy to note that I have 2 routers; 1 is a huawei broadband modem for our Internet access with has a routing and NAT capability and the 2nd is a Cisco VPN wireless Router - WRVS4400N. Both have wireless capabilities. I have also signed up for a pro dyndns service for my dynamic WAN address and configured it properly to cater for the dynamic IP from my Internet provider. Port forward is successful as various port checkers has confirmed the port is open including www.canyouseeme.org.

With all this setup correctly, I still cannot login to ST7501 using iViewer on my iPad or a remote PC station running Vivotek Liveclient using the dyndns address as the server address.

Please what have I missed or what am I doing wrong?

The response I get as the login fails is "Please check the server & network settings"

I'm no expert but I just recently set my DVR up after trying to figure it out for a year how to remote view.

couple of things to check.

1. Are u using internet explorer, are u typing http:// before the dyn name.

2. Does ur DVR support mobile viewing?

3. Mine had 2 ports which I had to open, one for the client software and the other for viewing over internet explorer.

4. Use canyouseeme to see if your ports are opened.

5. Last resort, on your router enable "dmz"

6. If it still doesn't work post a couple of pics on here for your DVR network screen, and also your router port forwarding screen.

hope u get it sorted, pain in the arse this is lol.

Hello,

I need one help from, i have my own domain and hosting, can i configure my DVR using my web server IP which has been provided from web service providers?

1. I have my own domain

2. Hosting is from service providers (they have static IP) NOT DEDICATED its Shared IP.

3. My DVR is CP-PLUS (CP-UAR-0400Q1-B)

4. DVR is having option of "PRIVATE DDNS"

5. I Have Dlink Router DR-524.

6. Web Control Panel is Parallels Plesk 9.5

7. Linux Hosting

Please help me out how can i use my website to view my DVR online.