QC444

Cellphone Video Viewing

I have an Android Smart phone

On it I have PSS (Pro Surveillance Systems) Android apk fro remote cell phone viewing.

Here's the dilemma......

I want to be able to use the INTERNET for viewing my video streams when AWAY from home...BUT....

When AT HOME, I want to use wireless. (MUCH faster and no bandwidth usage from ISP)

The problem is that I can only run ONE instance of the viewing software and to switch between the INTERNET

and WIRELESS for viewing, I'd have to manually change the network settings every time...which of course is WAY

too much hassle.

IF...the program would run multiple times as a new process, it would work.

I'd simply use different icons for each and set the settings for either INTERNET or WIRELESS.

Anyone else ever deal with this or have any suggestions?

In addition to multiple apps that was suggested, try changing to a Linksys router if you don't have one already, I am able to use the external IP to view my system regardless of whether I'm local (using wifi) or remotely (using 4g / other people's wifi) . I had only some models of Netgear being able to do this but many can't. Most linksys routers I experienced with can. with a DDNS set up, I just have one domain name that works locally and remotely.

I'm not familiar with that milkisbad. What's the name of the feature and how do you tell for sure if your phone isn't using wifi for local and cell for the external IPs?

In addition to multiple apps that was suggested, try changing to a Linksys router if you don't have one already, I am able to use the external IP to view my system regardless of whether I'm local (using wifi) or remotely (using 4g / other people's wifi) . I had only some models of Netgear being able to do this but many can't. Most linksys routers I experienced with can. with a DDNS set up, I just have one domain name that works locally and remotely.

I only use netgear n150 and have a 50/50 success using the ddns while on wifi. I think it has more to do with the ISP rather than the router. If the ddns doesn't work on wifi, I usually create 2 devices in idmss, one titled áway' and the other titled 'wifi'.

Kawboy, what do you mean? If your phone is on wifi, it's using wifi. If you have the ddns programmed in idmss, than it's

using the external while on wifi. If your phone says 3g/4g/lte, than it's using the cell service. Pretty cut and dry there.

I was thinking it was pretty cut and dried as well but was wondering EXACTLY and PRECISELY what milkisbad was talking about. Referencing a port-forwarded internal IP address using an external IP address (accessible directly from only the cell modem) while connected to an internal IP address via wifi and verifying the routing beyond the shadow of a doubt to avoid a cell data usage bill is something that I'll admit to not having done. It'd either take 1, some pretty smart NAT loopback from within the router, 2, having the external address going in through wifi then out to probably a DNS and then back in, or 3, having something throw up its figurative hands, give up, and use the cell modem anyway even though wifi is available.

Knowing the mechanics and route precisely is different from just having it work and assuming that I know why.

You mentioned that you have the APK of the app itself, did you download it off the internet or get it straight from the Play Store? I'm wondering if you downloaded a defected copy of the app.