tekkie

Woohoo just ordered the Lorex system from Costco

I went from having absolutely nothing to this so its a good start

One question is it possible to reboot the camera if it locks from the NVR? or is the only way to do that if I put it on a managed POE switch and turn that ethernet port off / on again?

how often does the lorex cameras lock? I ask because sometimes its 3 or 4 months with nobody at our cottage so if one goes down it could take a while before someone can reboot it

I went from having absolutely nothing to this so its a good start

One question is it possible to reboot the camera if it locks from the NVR? or is the only way to do that if I put it on a managed POE switch and turn that ethernet port off / on again?

how often does the lorex cameras lock? I ask because sometimes its 3 or 4 months with nobody at our cottage so if one goes down it could take a while before someone can reboot it

gotta reboot the nvr

or put a managed poe switch in between

ok if I can reboot it then its ok I am looking at a poe switch, someone robbed me one last night on ebay .... ughhh!! lol

If you need more than 8 POE ports this one has been working great for me with 8 cams. 16 POE ports 120w total. And you can switch off the POE for and individual port if needed.

http://www.amazon.com/BV-Tech-Port-Network-Switch/dp/B005GAAUMW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369178070&sr=8-1&keywords=BV+poe+16

LOL that's the most ridiculous switch I have ever seen. its cheap ill give you that cheaper than the intellinet line. but the power budget sucks, then again its fanless...I don't know what to think about it lol. I want to hate on it but I really cant cause its actually like the perfect size and its quiet.

Get a real switch. They are end of life but you cant go wrong

cisco 3550...they are loud but they are great and cheap. 100 bux ebay

If you need more than 8 POE ports this one has been working great for me with 8 cams. 16 POE ports 120w total. And you can switch off the POE for and individual port if needed.

http://www.amazon.com/BV-Tech-Port-Network-Switch/dp/B005GAAUMW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369178070&sr=8-1&keywords=BV+poe+16

LOL that's the most ridiculous switch I have ever seen. its cheap ill give you that cheaper than the intellinet line. but the power budget sucks, then again its fanless...I don't know what to think about it lol. I want to hate on it but I really cant cause its actually like the perfect size and its quiet.

Get a real switch. They are end of life but you cant go wrong

cisco 3550...they are loud but they are great and cheap. 100 bux ebay

I knew somebody would like that switch

Been running it for 6 months occupyiing 12 ports, 8 on POE with cams, the rest home network.