Sign in to follow this  
Strobosk

Axis activex camera control...

What exactly was axis activex camera control does any one of you guys know it? I hope so, i need to know about that, is there any software that working like that activex camera contor, i hope you understand, my English is not so good. Thanks

Most cameras use an ActiveX control to display video on Internet Explorer. Axis cameras can work with other browser, Chrome, Safari and such and in those cases, an ActiveX control is not used.

Hmm, thanks for your replay, i think i can get it, but still not 100% clear! I need pice of software for that, any suggestion? What about this http://www.videocapx.com software? Some people suggest me thata Videcapx, but i didint use it b4. Thanks

Nobody wants to use ActiveX controls as that's how windows computers are typically compromised and I wish security companies would be sensitive to that, especially those that push unsigned ActiveX controls.

Also, thanks in good part to Windows 8, many people are buying Mac's, even in the corporate world. Many tech companies I've worked for either provide MacBook's now or at least give you the option of a Mac and my work laptop is a MacBook. Even people with Windows are using Firefox, sure it's a mediocre browser, but it's a very secure browser.

If you are using IE to display your video feed, you will need to install ActiveX to get it to work. On some cameras, you have change even more settings and make your connection vulnerable, which is pretty dangerous in my opinion.