Theguy321

Is this camera any good?

Sony Effio-E DSP 700 TVL 4~9 mm 40 Metres IR range

700 TVL 1/3” Sony Ex-View II CCD ( 960H)

976 x 582 effictive pixels

Day night operation

4~9mm Korean vari-focal lens

Sony Effio-E Digital Signal Processing

D digital noise reduction

0.5lux clolur, 0.01 lux B/W

40 metres IR range

Aluminium housing

IP65 weather proof housing

Power input:12 volts Dc at 90/270mA max.

Dual glass technology

On Screen display

Easy focus and zoom controls

Size 146 x 83 x 80

Any help appreciated on this camera and advice if it is good for day night. http://www.ipcctvdirect.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_700_TV_Lines.html

I have saw the spec but you know only account on it not enough for it. and I noted some specification is not reasonable, i.e. IR 40M by 42 units of 5mm, its basically relative to amount o units but also how is emmitting angle. And power consumption only 270mA Max, wow they are superior than any supplier.

Actually, this type I remember has some one complain about the quality in night time in the forum. And this type should be from China.

Sorry for my straight words.

Though I have not used it, but with the specifications mentioned, it seems to be effective. With IR illuminator, it will give you good quality images even in the dark and in every weather condition. However, it completely depends on the place where you install it and the purpose for it.

Hi,

The camera in the link is indeed from China as the other guy pointed out.

I'd avoid that style of bracket arm, unless you have no other choice other than to mount it from underneath something, go for the wall mounted option, the style of bracket in the link are always weak thin castings, and are a total pain to align. As well as being almost impossible to re-align in the future as the tiny little grub screws always seize, they can tend to 'droop' as well.

Don't pay a huge amount of attention to the specifications - The manufacturers do tend to lie a little about IR (Infra-red illumination) distances, to be same I'd assume half to three quarters the specified distance.

The price on the site you linked to is WAY too high for what is really an entry level camera. Best bet to find a store on the Bay, making sure of good feedback and so on, but you should be able to pick something a bit better than that up for around £50-£60 INC VAT. As the price on the link is net of course...

The spec I'd go for would be;

600-700 TVL (This is also a point of lies! Anything above 520TVL is more lines than the DVR or monitor can display anyway!)

2.8-12mm varifocal lens. - Gives you loads of options on setting up the shot.

Wall mount version, with good solid bracket, no thumb screws or that rubbish.

IR Illumination - 40-50M should cover most situations, unless your camera is miles away from the subject matter.

Of course you also need to consider the recording, do you already have a DVR? As it doesn't matter how good the camera is, if the recorder is rubbish you will only ever see rubbish!

Hi CCTV_Badger, Thank you for your reply along with the others on this forum, I was thinking of buying a DVR from the website I posted the DVR TVT - Mini realtime D1 4ch DVR with HDMI £140.62 EX vat without the harddrive. SPEC OF DVR:

4CH D1 Realtime H.264 Pentaplex DVR

Pentaplex mode: recording, playback, setup, backup, network and mobile phone surveillance simultanously

4CH D1 simultaneously playback with 2CH audio

HDMI output resulation of 1920 x 1080P

Max. resolution of VGA output is 1280*1024.

Support 1 BNC mainout

Various recording modes: schedule, manual, motion

Various searching modes: time, event (motion detection), recording file list, image

Strong log, privacy mask and watermark function

Powerful remote surveillance, playback, recording, control, menu setup, recording backup

Perfect support of IPhone, IPad, Android & Windows mobile

Support PTZ control with preset, cruise and track scans

Support 1 x SATA HDD, USB Backup

Power DC12V

Compact chassis

If you have any websites or sources of cameras DVR to purchase any links are helpful to me. I was told that Maplins is not good but I have seen this http://www.maplin.co.uk/500gb-trublue-4-camera-d1-hdmi-cctv-system-with-smartphone-and-tablet-viewing-636716 but I do not know if it is any good