Hi All

Hopefully someone can help me here, I went to a job yesterday where the picture coming from a PTZ camera isn't great and another problem is when the camera is zoomed in on something the picture is lost and the camera needs to be reset.

Can anyone help with this

More information about the make and model of the camera, pictures, etc. would be helpful. From what you are describing, though, it sounds like it may be an internal failure of the camera.

Basic troubleshooting steps: test power supply voltage at the camera, with camera connected and operating. usual variances are +-10% of rated voltage. Check picture at camera with test monitor to rule out cabling and monitor issues.

Hi

Thanks for the reply ill try those trouble shooting tips next time on site Im not sure it would be the camera as the security guy says the picture is lost on whatever PTZ camera the zoom in on with i could try a spare camera just to rule that out.

Thanks again for the reply

Hi

Thanks for the reply ill try those trouble shooting tips next time on site Im not sure it would be the camera as the security guy says the picture is lost on whatever PTZ camera the zoom in on with i could try a spare camera just to rule that out.

Thanks again for the reply

Hi. sounds like bad power supply. zooming or moving takes more power

Yeah check that first with a properly working power supply. This happened to my ptz a couple weeks back and it turned out the power supply took a crap. New power supply and all is well. Good luck.

Possible problem 1: Camera module video output problem. There is one output capacitance on the video output circuit. If this capacitance is weak, camera module will lost image after minutes working.

Possible problem2 : The votlage to camera module less than 9V. Sometime, the problem is from PSU, but if the pan/tilt still can be controlled, the PSU must be good.

Normally, the working voltage of camera module is 9-12V. (Only SONY can suffer up to 15V). If the working voltage less than 9V, camera module will lost picture, but still can zoom in and out, just the main chip out of work.

There are one 9 pin cable which be used to connect camera module and main PCB.

1 RXD; 2 TXD; 3 GND for (RXD and TXD); 4 DC IN; 5 GND for DC IN; 6 VBS OUPUT; 7 GND for VBS; 8 V LOCK PULSE; 9 GND for V LOCK PULSE

You'd better take a check with the output voltage between PIN 4 and PIN 5. If the voltage less than 9V or more than 12V, you'd better stop wasting time on this PTZ. Already out of your ability to repair it.

UAIChina