evnldr

Lorex 1080P NVR from Costco (NVR firmware Question)

Got it working I was reluctant to hook a cat6 to the Switch to the POE port of the NVR.

But all works.

Thanks.

Maybe later I upgrade firmware on the cams to unlock the 3MP

And still waiting on a fix for the NVR firmware flash to be able to use the 3MP cams.

Cam.JPG.55c54cb87d3d920433f7ba6490d99837.JPG

Good stuff!

The POE switches are intelligent in the NVR, they don't supply power to devices that can't use them.

I wouldn't hold our breath of ever getting a NVR firmware update to use a higher resolution camera. I'm happy with the 1080p resolution.

I might be ordering a Hikvision camera with a 12mm lens and I'll try to get that working next with the Lorex NVR.

Good stuff!

The POE switches are intelligent in the NVR, they don't supply power to devices that can't use them.

I wouldn't hold our breath of ever getting a NVR firmware update to use a higher resolution camera. I'm happy with the 1080p resolution.

I might be ordering a Hikvision camera with a 12mm lens and I'll try to get that working next with the Lorex NVR.

Any good source for Hikvision cams? Other than costco

They all (Cams) switched back to the old IP and now I can't do a thing with the SADP tool... this thing is a pain in the butt.

They all (Cams) switched back to the old IP and now I can't do a thing with the SADP tool... this thing is a pain in the butt.

Did you put dhcp on the cam ?, if not maybe you can setup your router to give ip with the mac adresss or just a range of ip

Somebody went and deleted some stuff on my PC that SADP needed. Reinstalled it and back to normal. So set static leases to the cams MAC Id and left lease time blank so it never expires.. And set them to dhcp. We will see how long this last.

lease.JPG.569bf94f47575cec8298e209783eee07.JPG

Im tired and all so maybe another thought will help... So Looks like I get an (Ip Camera dissconnect) and it switches from 192.168.1.192(D2) to lorex defalt IP.(D7)... Than it losses connection and reverts back to 192.168.1.192(D2) I sooo need a drink... images attached

May be a bad cam... I can reboot all... but the one when I reboot the problem cam it reverts to old IP of dvr... Ugggg

823136312_D2becomesD7.JPG.66671d09509f40304b8e498b3694b38d.JPG

151069505_D7backtoD2.JPG.70fe8c4dc8541d76bcc7af7afc3f0d27.JPG

Im tired and all so maybe another thought will help... So Looks like I get an (Ip Camera dissconnect) and it switches from 192.168.1.192(D2) to lorex defalt IP.(D7)... Than it losses connection and reverts back to 192.168.1.192(D2) I sooo need a drink... images attached

May be a bad cam... I can reboot all... but the one when I reboot the problem cam it reverts to old IP of dvr... Ugggg

Can you draw a pic of your network configuration, so I can check how you have everything connected.

All cameras powered from the NVR-POE network, or using external power on the camera that has this problem?

Do you have the standard Lorex firmware on all your cameras and nvr?

It sounds like you are getting a camera disconnect and that is why the NVR forces it to the funny 172. IP address.

If I disconnect a camera from a NVR-POE port and plug into another port or another part of my network, the NVR wants to reconfigure it, then the camera gets its IP address from the dhcp, then I have to reconfigured the camera via the NVR. But as long as the camera is plugged into the same NVR-POE port or is elsewhere on your LAN, the config should stay the same.

The is an option in the NVR for 'Syncronize IP Camera', I'm not sure what this does yet.

Just saw this in a Hikvision manual.

Note: If you check the Synchronize IP Camera checkbox, the default settings of the NVR for the IP

camera is applied to the added camera.

So, I'll try disabling that later and see what happens.

Here is mine.

All stock firmware

Cam

Firmware Version V4.0.9 130306

Encoding Version V4.0 build 121228

network.thumb.png.28dfc0449fd2b8bcc755e2fe884ee28f.png

Note: If you check the Synchronize IP Camera checkbox, the default settings of the NVR for the IP

Did not see that. Found it/ and unchecked it..

Edited by Guest

Thanks for that diagram.

For the NVR, from your diagram, do you have the DHCP disabled? and static TCP/IP address entered? What about the gateway IP?

For mine, I have DHCP enabled in the NVR. This allows the IP address to be retrieved from the DHCP server in your router, the same as your cameras are operating.

Enter a reserved IP/MAC just like you did with the camera's IPs.

By using DHCP, the default gateway and dns information also get populated in the clients. I think this is your issue with the gateway/dns.

Can you verify how you have this part configured?

Here it is.. Now the damn email won't work using the default. But that is for another day,,

I'm sure I had a perferd DNS but I can't remember to much work not enough sleep/

net.JPG.32731f6187d94e2657efaee1f6658a4d.JPG

Edited by Guest

Did not see that. Found it/ and unchecked it..

I think this is what we need to uncheck once we control the IP addresses ourself. I unchecked it just now, I shall see what happens.

[update] Tested it. I see the time is drifting now on the cameras. I put it back, time is synced again.

On my system, one of my cameras did what yours did. It disconnected, then reconnected, saw it in the log.

During a motion detection of that same camera, I noticed that the camera name and text location had moved, then it moved back.

This one camera is connected over power line networking, it isn't 100% reliable and I have noticed video stutters, so this is ok for me.

Edited by Guest

Here it is.. Now the damn email won't work using the default. But that is for another day,,

Ok, check that DHCP box and put the IP/MAC address in your router, just how you did with the cameras.

Ok, check that DHCP box and put the IP/MAC address in your router, just how you did with the cameras.

Done, I also changed the port on my cams so I can remote in to them,

So far so good.

All I have to do now is flash cams to the 5.0.

Done, I also changed the port on my cams so I can remote in to them,

So far so good.

All I have to do now is flash cams to the 5.0.

Good stuff.

It works now because it has the DNS server passed down to it from your router, so it can find the email servers by name.

Its best to have a single point of this info on your network, the router.

I just updated this post, regarding the sync. viewtopic.php?p=222300#p222300

Do let us know how things work out, especially with you updating the firmware on the cameras. I haven't done that yet, the NVR firmware won't accept higher resolution videos.

You could try updating the NVR firmware with the Hikvision version, that could be risky.

I can confirm that LOREX LNR280 is a HIKVISION DS-7608NI-SE/P and it can be flashed with HIKVISION multi-language firmware.

I bought this kit at costco and also flashed 2 of the 4 cameras with the HIKVISION firmware.

I was able to acces all the camera (LOREX AND HIKVISION protocols) and also put the flashed ones in 2048*1536. To change the resolution in the nvr you mush got first in the cam web page and select the 2048*1536 resolution. Also the 2048*1536 resolution seem to be real as I can see more detail when i zoom the cam.

I played like 2 days with the system, rebooted it a couple time and turned it off to beguin to pass cat5 in the attic of our shop. I was concerned with humidity in the attic during winter and i tried to put dielectric grease in one of the cam connector. So plugged the cam in the NRV, and turned it back on, but i was not able to access it.

I first beguin to think about a short circuit using the grease, but after i tried with a 48V poe injector on a separate switch, i was able to log in all the cams. Note: look like the cam remember the last ip - i was not able to access the default 192.0.0.64 ip but the i had to use the last ip for each cam when the nvr was working)

I then decided to plug one cam back in the NVR. The small ir led turned on during booting, so i know that i got power. I pluged a computer on the same subnet on the NVR and im also able to access the cam web page trought this computer. The green and amber led flash on the rear on the poe switch. The power seem to be ok.

I dont know if my problem is in relation with the flashed firmware (which was working) or the grease on the connector). I will be curious to reflash it with lorex firmware but dont have it.

I paid 800 $ for the NVR and the 4 cameras, but for our outdoor application, i got too many motion alarm to be reliable.

For this reason, i decided to buy the swann kit for 1000 $ with the 4 camera and use alarm input with PIR sensor. This was before the lorex NVR stopped working.

My original plan was to flash all my cam and use 6 of them in the swann and 2 of them in the lorex and another location. But now that i got thoses problems, i dont know if it will be better to return the lorex at costco and just keep the swann and add more cams later.

I'm pretty sure that the swann NVR is a DS-7608NI-SP in another case. There is a different firmware for the lower end 7600-SE series, but it seem to be all the same firmware from 7600-NI to 9600 series.

If anybody have a clue why it stropped working, i will be glad to ear you.

Tim.

Plug in all the cams into the NVR PoE ports like normal.

Download the SADP tool from Hikvision.

http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/download_more.asp?id=1120

Hook a Cat5 cable from a POE port to your switch so it is on the same lan as your PC

Run the program...

Can you see the cams?

It should find the NVR and the cams you have hooked to it.

You can than change the IP of the cams to your local subnet.. 192.168.1.XXX

Enter your admin pass 000000 or 12345, and save.

Than log in to them 192.168.1.ip of cam.

If that works.

add the cams to the NVR manually not plug and play. And they should work.

Any questions post back..

Im beting the IP's of the cams are out of wack and that is the problem SDAP will tell you what the cam IP's are.

SADP.PNG.0c2f5a443ee54c1312cbab6ed6a97c47.PNG

I can confirm that LOREX LNR280 is a HIKVISION DS-7608NI-SE/P and it can be flashed with HIKVISION multi-language firmware.

I bought this kit at costco and also flashed 2 of the 4 cameras with the HIKVISION firmware.

I was able to acces all the camera (LOREX AND HIKVISION protocols) and also put the flashed ones in 2048*1536. To change the resolution in the nvr you mush got first in the cam web page and select the 2048*1536 resolution. Also the 2048*1536 resolution seem to be real as I can see more detail when i zoom the cam.

I played like 2 days with the system, rebooted it a couple time and turned it off to beguin to pass cat5 in the attic of our shop. I was concerned with humidity in the attic during winter and i tried to put dielectric grease in one of the cam connector. So plugged the cam in the NRV, and turned it back on, but i was not able to access it.

I first beguin to think about a short circuit using the grease, but after i tried with a 48V poe injector on a separate switch, i was able to log in all the cams. Note: look like the cam remember the last ip - i was not able to access the default 192.0.0.64 ip but the i had to use the last ip for each cam when the nvr was working)

I then decided to plug one cam back in the NVR. The small ir led turned on during booting, so i know that i got power. I pluged a computer on the same subnet on the NVR and im also able to access the cam web page trought this computer. The green and amber led flash on the rear on the poe switch. The power seem to be ok.

I dont know if my problem is in relation with the flashed firmware (which was working) or the grease on the connector). I will be curious to reflash it with lorex firmware but dont have it.

I paid 800 $ for the NVR and the 4 cameras, but for our outdoor application, i got too many motion alarm to be reliable.

For this reason, i decided to buy the swann kit for 1000 $ with the 4 camera and use alarm input with PIR sensor. This was before the lorex NVR stopped working.

My original plan was to flash all my cam and use 6 of them in the swann and 2 of them in the lorex and another location. But now that i got thoses problems, i dont know if it will be better to return the lorex at costco and just keep the swann and add more cams later.

I'm pretty sure that the swann NVR is a DS-7608NI-SP in another case. There is a different firmware for the lower end 7600-SE series, but it seem to be all the same firmware from 7600-NI to 9600 series.

If anybody have a clue why it stropped working, i will be glad to ear you.

Tim36 - A couple of questions:

1. Which Swann model did you buy from Costo?. Did you buy it in-store? I don't seem to find one on their web site that would match up with the DS-7608NI-SP specs.

2. What do you think of the Swann vs Lorex LNR280 ?

3. Does the Swann natively support other IP camera manufacturers, or would it need HIKVISION Firmware?

For those that purchased the Lorex NVR from Costco, is this the same system you got?

Lorex 8 Channel Full HD Real-Time PoE NVR Security System with 2TB Hard Drive and 6 1080p IP Cameras

http://www.costco.com/Lorex-8-Channel-Full-HD-Real-Time-PoE-NVR-Security-System-with-2TB-Hard-Drive-and-6-1080p-IP-Cameras.product.100048586.html

It just appeared in their online store in the last day or two (7/17/2013). I just ordered the Swann NVR with 4 cams, but the Lorex package seems like a better deal for $100 more since it's got 4 bullets + 2 domes (which apparently are 3MP domes) -- from the research I've done here, I believe these 2 Swann and Lorex systems sold at Costco are both just rebranded Hikvision products, but not sure if the Lorex comes with the DS-2CD2032 bullets like the Swann apparently does?

The cameras from the stock photo on that Costco page don't appear to be the Hikvision DS-2CD2032 (at least the outer shell isn't the same), but if you look at the product on Lorex's site and their spec sheets, other variations of that NVR + cam bundle has what appear to be (externally) Hikvision DS-2CD2032 cams.

On the costco page (listed as model LNR282C6B at the bottom):

225804_1.jpg

On the lorex website for LNR282C6B:

225804_1.png

On the lorex website LNR282C4B, which seems to be the same NVR bundle that comes with no domes and 4 bullets that (externally) look like the DS-2CD2032:

225804_2.png

Does anyone know who makes the bullets in the Costco Lorex system, which don't externally look like the Hikvision DS-2CD2032? The mount looks similar, so maybe they are Hikvision DS-2CD2032 bullets, but I don't see a similarly shaped bullet on their website. Could they just be in a slightly different body but with the same internals?

thanks

Edited by Guest

That Lorex system looks like a really good system.

I have the same system just with the 4 bullets and then bought 2 of the domes extra.

Orig bullets - http://www.lorextechnology.com/downloads/ip-cameras/LNB2151/LNB2151_TRIFOLDQSG_EN_R1.pdf

Those bullets look different, with the black section of the housing.

New bullets - http://www.lorextechnology.com/downloads/ip-cameras/LNB2153/LNB2153_TRIFOLDQSG_EN_R1.pdf

If the specs are the be believed, the min illumination was improved upon in some of the descriptions, not in the pdf though.

The spec sheet shows how to connect via a POE switch, and the mention of a 12 VDC power supply, only differences I see.

I wonder about this claim in the specs for the cameras... as it is disabled by default, you need to go into each camera to enable it.

"Digital-Wide Dynamic Range backlight compensation provides clear detailed images where very bright and very dark areas are in the same field of view and frame of the camera."

But a good system.

I wonder about this claim in the specs for the cameras... as it is disabled by default, you need to go into each camera to enable it.

"Digital-Wide Dynamic Range backlight compensation provides clear detailed images where very bright and very dark areas are in the same field of view and frame of the camera."

My experience with the Hiks is that the WDR is very useful in the daytime for bringing out the details in the shadows, but it increases noise quite a lot at night. I was running my cams with WDR set at 50 during the day, but the night image was terrible, so I ended up dropping it down to about 20, decreasing the contrast (the traditional fix for this on non-WDR cams), and turning up the noise reduction to 100. This made for a decent compromise between night and day.

I'd really like to see vendors include a setting to load a complete profile, either based on time or day/night mode. This would be fairly simple to do, and you could optimize the image for both day and night without trade-offs.