I recently did some reviews on Q-See cameras, even one indoor model that was never previously reviewed as Dahua so I get asked, what's the difference and sure, there's the obvious, warranty and support from a decent sized company and good prices at Costco.com.

But I did find one big difference by accident and I get asked often enough, what cameras work with Safari on Mac, and I can tell you that by accident, because I chose Safari instead of IE on Windows on my Macbook by accident to view the camera, Q-See cameras, even the old one I'm using from 6 months ago works well using the Safari browser on my Macbook Air. Dahua does not. There's some minor differences in the interface, for example, there's no snapshot or record button, but overall it looks the same.

This may have changed in newer Dahua firmware version, but the Dahua cameras I have do not work with Safari on a Mac (or Safari on Windows for that matter).

Well I guess I meant to say, if you haven't tried it that way, it's pretty easy to do it via Bonjour. No need to know the IP address or anything.

But I did find one big difference by accident and I get asked often enough, what cameras work with Safari on Mac, and I can tell you that by accident, because I chose Safari instead of IE on Windows on my Macbook by accident to view the camera, Q-See cameras, even the old one I'm using from 6 months ago works well using the Safari browser on my Macbook Air. Dahua does not. There's some minor differences in the interface, for example, there's no snapshot or record button, but overall it looks the same.

DAHUA published support for cross-browser late last summer, porting it to newer devices (NVRs, for example) this year.

For now, there are many devices (including NVRs/DVRs) that can be acessed via other browsers (based on RTSP encoding).

I realized one thing: please do not confuse your "guys" that deliver you DAHUA made (and unbranded) products to you with DAHUA-supported products.