hotneutron

swann package back-in-stock at costco

And that baffles my mind..spec wise the internals are better than the lorex...and the lorex is just as loud...yet it has great reviews....doesnt make any sense

That first review claims the daytime image is terrible, which doesn't make sense. These cams have pretty nice daytime images.

Most people seem to be complaining about the noise or networking problems. Gotta feel a bit sorry for the tech support of a company selling network-intensive products to the masses.

The review about the mac compatibility is kinda true. No reason to require a plug in or an activex component.

There is a plugin for the mac...i found it some where....and yes i had both the lorex and swann and they were both loud.

They should make them not require the plug ins.

I use a Chromebook and Linux.

Reading other sections on here, that plugin opens in a security hole.

They should make them not require the plug ins.

I use a Chromebook and Linux.

Reading other sections on here, that plugin opens in a security hole.

ActiveX controls are popular exploits for malware.

I just got the Lorex system installed at my home. I did it myself and everything looks and works great except a few issues.

1. The motion detection settings never seem to work.

2. The option to add or modify cameras is dimmed.

3. The fan is VERY loud.

Otherwise, I am quite pleased. I have the opportunity to return the Lorex system and purchase the Swann system since it is back on the site. I would like the alarm inputs and outputs but it is not crucial.

I installed the cameras into the exterior of my house with 2 3/4" tapcons. I can take them out for mounting the new cameras but often once a tapcon is taken out sometimes they dont go in as snug. I can take the camera off the mount and swapp it with the Swann and just change the NVR.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I am within my return window so that is not a factor. I do not mind spending the extra $300 if it is that much of a better system. Additionally, if the Swann comes with an added 2 years of warranty through costco I think that is worth it alone.

Thank you in advance and this is a great forum and everyone is helpful.

"Any advice is greatly appreciated. I am within my return window so that is not a factor. I do not mind spending the extra $300 if it is that much of a better system. Additionally, if the Swann comes with an added 2 years of warranty through costco I think that is worth it alone."

You have an entire year to return an NVR. It is not in the same class of Costco returns as are cameras and TVs. I just returned my Lorex to Costco yesterday (purchased last November).

I replaced it w/ the Swann NVR - the old Lorex was an analog system.

It is indeed nice to have the 3 yr warranty. Very nice.

Anyone have any opinions on whether I should stick with the lorex or return it to get the Sean for the extra $300?