QC444

Connecting cables to get longer length

I have two 50ft BNC CCTV cables with power connectors.

But I need a 100ft cable.

Can I connect these together to make a 100ft cable?

If they are what's commonly called "mini coax" (nothing but shielded audio cable) then making them longer is the last thing you want to do

But I need 100ft and I already have two 50ft cables.

Besides, they sell them pre-made 200ft, 500ft and more so. So how is a 100ft cable made from two 50ft cables a "problem"?

If they are what's commonly called "mini coax" (nothing but shielded audio cable) then making them longer is the last thing you want to do

But I need 100ft and I already have two 50ft cables.

Besides, they sell them pre-made 200ft, 500ft and more so. So how is a 100ft cable made from two 50ft cables a "problem"?

Hook it up and find out. The longer these cheap cables are the more potential for problems, splices can be problematic too. They work fine at short distances like from a DVR to a monitor but at long distances in particular environments they are garbage.

There's no guarantee that the 50' cables use the same gauge and quality of wire/sheath as the 100', 200', 500' versions. They might be juuuust barely good enough to run low-power cams at the length they're made for. Double the length and add some signal loss because of the connector and there might be issues. Then again, there might not. There's certainly more chance for weather-related failure down the road in the middle if that joint is exposed to the elements.

to connect the 2 bnc (video) connections on each cable, you would want to use an inline splice, also known as a barrel connector , which has 2 female bnc connections on it, they usually sell for about $1.00 each, the power connections should mate up already..

You’re better off with 100’ cables since you can never really be assured of the quality you’d get from just simply connecting 50’s

Although it most probably would work, it wouldn’t give you great quality.

You are better off not buying premade cables at all, for what you spend on premade I can get a box of 1000FT security wire, and I don't have to deal with the 1" thick stupid BNC ends on the cable.

I sell security wire as cheap as 10/cents a foot, you need 100FT which means you need 10$ in cable, now you need a 5$ balun pair, you are at 15, so you have tax you are still under 20$, you have a more quality cable and don't have the hassle of premade. Want to add power sure its another 3$ for power connectors.