tome9999

How do I view Axis camera on iphone

What is the best way to access my P3367-ve on an iphone if I just want to see live view for a minute? I ran ACC and enabled internet access but I don't see an Axis app in the App Store so not sure how they intend for me to access the camera remotely?

What is the best way to access my P3367-ve on an iphone if I just want to see live view for a minute? I ran ACC and enabled internet access but I don't see an Axis app in the App Store so not sure how they intend for me to access the camera remotely?

There is no Axis specific app that I'm aware of. Search for 'ip camera' in the store and you should find plenty of apps that are compatible with Axis cameras for viewing live video. I'm on Windows Phone, but I'm pretty sure it's the same for iPhone.

IP Cam Viewer Pro is a great app for iPhone and Android. I don't know if it supports Axis, but I'd be surprised if it didn't.

There are several listed under the heading "iPhone Viewing Apps:" here.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35868

I use Live Cams Pro and am very happy with it. I do not have a 5 MP cam yet but it works fine with my Axis P1344 and M1114 cams.

~Mike

I use IP Cam Viewer Pro, $4, handles all my cams. Try the free lite version first, then upgrade if it works for you. Axis does have an app but has poor reviews and is not written or maintained by Axis and can't view Axis recorded video so no real advantage and it's expensive.

IP Cam Viewer Pro is a great app for iPhone and Android. I don't know if it supports Axis, but I'd be surprised if it didn't.

It works fine with my Axis cams on my Android phone and iPad. There's a setting under Network in the Axis web config tool to automagically port forward each camera. It tells you what the external IP and port number is to access it after you've clicked enable.

Thanks for all the responses. I will check check them out. The way Axis docs read you'd think they have their own app that is essentially ACC. Oh well...

But many of the reviews I read it says it doesn't, so maybe the reviewers are mistaken.

This is the top review on iTunes -

Great if you don't need to review recordings .

by Robbmus

As an Axis certified professional, this is the best app on the market for viewing Axis cameras. Audio works excellent as well. The only con is trying to watch previously recorded video, It needs some work, and really is not functional for reviewing footage.

This is on Android

Ryan Little - May 9, 2013 - Samsung Galaxy S3 with version 1.4

Can't view recorded

Can view live feed just fine but when I try to pull up recorded video it never opens. Please fix!

Edited by Guest

Could be. I can't test it on my Android (it isn't one of the supported models), but the website claims it can view live and recorded video from the cameras as well as initiate recording.

This app is specifically for ACC:

http://www.eyespyfx.com/companion.php

What value does that app add to ACC. I don't believe you can look at recordings.

ACC doesn't run on either iOS or Andriod devices, correct? The value is that you can access ACC via your iPhone, iPad, etc.

The OP was asking about being able to Live View his camera. Maybe I'm confused....

Looks like the "view recording" part can use a bit of work according to the reviews. I wonder if those folks having problems can view their recordings locally via ACC?

1.8 star rating on an IOS app costing ~$9 is a concern. In contrast, IP Cam Viewer on Android has a 4.6 star review, but not the IOS app.

You can live view on EyeSpyPro, but according to the reviews, it does not take the ACC configuration into consideration, so you have to configure each camera separate, so I see no advantage to using it over any other app, maybe even one with a higher than 1.8 start rating.

The big excitement is possibly viewing the recordings. Other than that, for an android user like me with an unsupported phone, no huge attraction. Might work on my iPad I guess if it left the house.

I just started to use the free version of IP Camera. I was thinking about paying for the full version, but was more intrigued by this app. I just bought it and downloaded it, but I can't remember my password. Ugh! I'll get it setup tonight and will try it out.

In the interest of the community I decided to learn from the mistakes of others by repeating them myself. So, I bought the Viewer for AXIS Camera Companion By EyeSpyFX for $9 from the App Store and installed is on my iPhone 4S and iPad.

I logged it into the same account I set up for ACC. It was able to connect to the camera and display the live view. It seems fine at doing that.

You can take a snapshot of what is in the live view which it saves to your photo album. That seems to work fine.

You can also record a video of the live view, though apparently, at least on my iPhone and iPad, that is broken. It brings up REC in red on screen but either on it's own, or after I hit the record button again, it complains that "Camera Companion - Error starting/stopping recording." No matter what I try this just doesn't work.

You can hit the recordings button (a camera reel icon) and it will take you to a list of your recordings. It shows the time of the recording, the date and duration. If you hit the ">" in the display it shows you more details, where it is recorded (ie, SD_DISK) start time, stop time, the event that caused it and a few other datum. If you touch the file in the list it will bring up the recording and begin to load the images. It is quite slow, displaying a series of images about every 5-10 seconds until it gets all the way through the recording. You can pause and resume, and you can drag the slider back but that doesn't really work due to the time it takes to load the images. If you drag it back, for instance, it just spins for 5 seconds or so and then displays that image and begins loading (at the 5-10 sec interval) again. You can drag it forwards but it then jumps back to near the beginning (but not the beginning - odd) and starts from there instead. You can't zoom or pan or anything. So, you won't be doing and "analysis" of the recorded video but you can play it.

You can also take a snapshot during the playback of recorded images and that works fine.

You can also (sometimes) record while playing back recorded files (so a recording of your recording, if you will). I say "sometimes" as I was able to save recordings of the recordings that I took in daylight but for some reason I can't do it for recordings that are in B&W. It also sometimes distorts features in the B&W video. One video show decking boards all smeared vertically. That is not in the recorded video viewed on ACC but it is always there when viewed on the iPhone. Also if I take a snapshot the distortion is there. Very odd. The error that the app gives when I try to record a recorded B&W videos is: "Error Saving Video - There was a problem recording the video."

The app has crashed on me many times as well. That has only been when messing around with video or trying to record things, never in live view, but still pretty amateurish. The UI leaves a bit to be desired.

I loaded it on the my ipad as well. It is a little snappier at failing It has exactly the same behavior even down to distorting the one video in exactly the same way and not wanting to record any B&W recordings. The ipad screen is a nice size though for viewing these videos/recordings.

So, my capsule summary: If you absolutely need to be able to remotely view your recordings than this seems to be the only game in town. It does work, though barely. Live view is fine, though video recording doesn't work (on ipad or iphone), snapshots do. IP Cam Viewer allows you record video of live view reliably so if that is your need I would go with that for free (or $4). Is $9 too much? Yes, pretty much - but again, it depends on your need. I would feel better if there were constant updates and improvements but I don't see that and I do see a fairly amateurish application.

Too bad, it seems incongruous with the rest of Axis' offerings and marketing. Perhaps they will come out with their own version at some point.

I had all sorts of issues getting this app to run on my iPhone and iPad. The issues were, however, 100% my fault. I didn't have ACC set up correctly via the local PC. I also forgot my password....

Once that was all corrected, I was able to get this app up and running. Maybe my expectations were tempered by tome's post below, but I am quite happy with the app.

I like the UI much more than the one from IP Camera. It very much reminds me of ACC. I have been able to take shap shots without any issues. I agree that watching recorded video is not the smoothest of things, but I don't know whether that is an issue with the app. or network/internet speed and connections. If I wanted to view recorded video, I would certainly prefer to use a PC over any app on an iPhone or iPad. However, if there is no option to use a PC, this app at least gives you the ability to view recorded video.

I have not tried to record video via the app. From tome's experience, I am not sure I want to try.

The app has not crashed for me at all. I have it installed on both my iPad and my iPhone (which is a 5). Perhaps the jump in processor speed from the 4S to the 5 explains at least some of the differences in experience.

Since I got it running correctly, I have found myself using this app over IP Cam. $9 might be a bit high for what everyone likes to pay for apps. However, that's not much compared to what these cameras and other hardware cost.

I had all sorts of issues getting this app to run on my iPhone and iPad. The issues were, however, 100% my fault. I didn't have ACC set up correctly via the local PC. I also forgot my password....

Once that was all corrected, I was able to get this app up and running. Maybe my expectations were tempered by tome's post below, but I am quite happy with the app.

I like the UI much more than the one from IP Camera. It very much reminds me of ACC. I have been able to take shap shots without any issues. I agree that watching recorded video is not the smoothest of things, but I don't know whether that is an issue with the app. or network/internet speed and connections. If I wanted to view recorded video, I would certainly prefer to use a PC over any app on an iPhone or iPad. However, if there is no option to use a PC, this app at least gives you the ability to view recorded video.

I have not tried to record video via the app. From tome's experience, I am not sure I want to try.

The app has not crashed for me at all. I have it installed on both my iPad and my iPhone (which is a 5). Perhaps the jump in processor speed from the 4S to the 5 explains at least some of the differences in experience.

Since I got it running correctly, I have found myself using this app over IP Cam. $9 might be a bit high for what everyone likes to pay for apps. However, that's not much compared to what these cameras and other hardware cost.

I would definitely discourage you from clicking record while in the app. If you do you will likely end up with a ACC_Manual process running on your camera and as far as I know (according to Axis support) the only way to get rid of it is to reset to factory defaults. I really suspect there is a way to get to the kernel on the box (I think they run Linux) and kill that process but they wouldn't tell me how. Perhaps some hacking will be need to be done soon...

The iphone 5 may indeed help a bit due to more processing/graphics power and also LTE if you are using it over cell network like I am....

I would definitely discourage you from clicking record while in the app. If you do you will likely end up with a ACC_Manual process running on your camera and as far as I know (according to Axis support) the only way to get rid of it is to reset to factory defaults. I really suspect there is a way to get to the kernel on the box (I think they run Linux) and kill that process but they wouldn't tell me how. Perhaps some hacking will be need to be done soon...

The iphone 5 may indeed help a bit due to more processing/graphics power and also LTE if you are using it over cell network like I am....

Thanks to your troubles, there is no way I am going to click on record through the app. I don't mean to be a jerk by saying that, I appreciate you sharing your experience. I'm just not going to risk it.

Yes, I am (largely) on LTE.

I used this app some more over the weekend without any issues. It hasn't crashed on me. I tethered my iPad to my iPhone and it worked well.

Also, I noticed a software update was posted this morning. Hopefully they continue to update and improve it.

Thanks to your troubles, there is no way I am going to click on record through the app. I don't mean to be a jerk by saying that, I appreciate you sharing your experience. I'm just not going to risk it.

Yes, I am (largely) on LTE.

I used this app some more over the weekend without any issues. It hasn't crashed on me. I tethered my iPad to my iPhone and it worked well.

Also, I noticed a software update was posted this morning. Hopefully they continue to update and improve it.

No offense taken.

I updated the app on my ipad this morning and had to end up deleting the app from the ipad and reinstalling it to get it work again. It wouldn't log me in and run. It knew my userid and stuff it just wouldn't connect. After removing the app and having it get my login info again it worked. Just for fun I tried the update on my phone but didn't have this problem. It worked ok after the update.

By the way, I have an issue with this application (both ipad and iphone) when viewing recorded videos done by the P3367-VE. I am recording using the built-in "Quality" stream profile. When I view recorded videos with this app, the lower half of the frame is just a smear of vertical lines. The upper half of the frame is fine. Anyone else with a P3367 that can verify this issue?

By the way, I have an issue with this application (both ipad and iphone) when viewing recorded videos done by the P3367-VE. I am recording using the built-in "Quality" stream profile. When I view recorded videos with this app, the lower half of the frame is just a smear of vertical lines. The upper half of the frame is fine. Anyone else with a P3367 that can verify this issue?

I tried this last night on my iPhone while home (with Wi-Fi turned off). I viewed the recorded video from my P3367 using a weak LTE signal. The picture was fine. There was no difference between the top half and the lower half. However, the video did lag. I would say that I see one second of video for every two seconds of real time. At worst, one second of video every three seconds.

I would say it lagged about 75% of the time that I was watching the recorded video.

I don't think it is due to my ability to "send' the video as I can watch recorded video from work (using ACC) without any lag.