becchett

DAHUA NVR 3204P firmware help and Motion Detecion problem...

Hy all,

a fews days ago I've bought NVR3204P and HFW2100P.

After the installation and configuration I noticed some problems with motion detection.

After contacting the service I was provided a new firmware General_NVR3xxx_Eng_P_V2

.610.0000.3.R.20130403.zip

But how can I install it ?

I have made many attempts with the USB key but without success, NVR display an error

like "file not found" or "disk not found" but the USB device is seen from NVR because is able to use it

to make a backup , any ideas ?

Motion detection feature is most important to start alarm but is unsuable because

there a lot of false positve. I was set to 1 the value of sensitivity without any improvement

and I was redue the area (pixel) of MD competence. Anu suggestions ?

I would like your opinion on the possibility to activate MD by phone, in your opinion will

be realized?

many thanks !!!

Bye

Willy

first , u need to unzip it , find out a "General_NVR3xxx_Eng_P_V2

.610.0000.3.R.20130403.bin" file . then , u can upgrade through the u disk . when u move the file to the u disk , must modify the name of file for "update.bin". go on the next , the upgrade will be successful .

second , about the motion detection , u need config the IP camera.

.610.0000.3.R.20130403.bin" file . then , u can upgrade through the u disk . when u move the file to the u disk , must modify the name of file for "update.bin". go on the next , the upgrade will be successful .

If you do this and it still doesn't work, I suggest you try something that worked for me when i was having trouble updating my firmware. I was renaming the file update.bin but it already showed the file type as a .bin. So the NVR was not able to open it because it showed as update.bin.bin . The extra " .bin " was why i couldn't update .My VLC Media Player already detected it as a .bin file so I just named it " update " and the NVR was able to update. Hopefully this helps!

If you do this and it still doesn't work, I suggest you try something that worked for me when i was having trouble updating my firmware. I was renaming the file update.bin but it already showed the file type as a .bin. So the NVR was not able to open it because it showed as update.bin.bin . The extra " .bin " was why i couldn't update .My VLC Media Player already detected it as a .bin file so I just named it " update " and the NVR was able to update. Hopefully this helps!

one file only have a file type, a extra name. "update.bin.bin" that is common mistake. in addition, u can also upgrade through the IE config web site of the NVR. it need not modify the file name.

one file only have a file type, a extra name. "update.bin.bin" that is common mistake. in addition, u can also upgrade through the IE config web site of the NVR. it need not modify the file name.

dear all,

please tell me more info about Internet Explorer, it seems to be a very good method.

Is there a menu inside web page of NVR ?

many thanks for your suggestions

Bye

Did you unzip it first? The Dahua cams want a .bin file; not sure about the NVR.

These are the file extract from zip archive :

-rw-rw-r--@ 1 EB staff 12603948 Apr 3 20:12 General_NVR3xxx_Eng_P_V2.610.0000.3.R.20130403.bin

-rw-rw-r--@ 1 EB staff 4160 Apr 3 20:12 custom-x.cramfs.img

-rw-rw-r--@ 1 EB staff 16777216 Apr 3 20:12 flash.bin

-rw-r--r--@ 1 EB staff 6227 Apr 3 20:12 install.lua

-rw-rw-r--@ 1 EB staff 10985536 Apr 3 20:12 romfs-x.cramfs.img

-rw-rw-r--@ 1 EB staff 192884 Apr 3 20:12 u-boot.bin.img

-rw-rw-r--@ 1 EB staff 12550400 Apr 3 20:12 update.img

-rw-rw-r--@ 1 EB staff 1560640 Apr 3 20:12 web-x.cramfs.img

Are these names correct or I need to change something ?

thank you !!!

I'm only familiar with the cams, not the NVRs, so this may not all be 100% applicable.

On the cams, the only file it wants for an online update is the general....bin file. Frequently, that's all that gets sent out by tech support.

On the NVR, the update.img and u-boot.bin.img files are used when restoring a bricked unit by tftp, though the instructions call for armboot-x.bin.img for the second file. Dunno about the rest.

Sounds like you need to change the general....bin file to update.bin, making sure the full file name is displayed, as mentioned in posts above.

You might wait for someone with NVR experience to verify this, as Dahua's update procedure will brick your unit if you look at it cross-eyed, and their tech support is weak.

I'm only familiar with the cams, not the NVRs, so this may not all be 100% applicable.

On the cams, the only file it wants for an online update is the general....bin file. Frequently, that's all that gets sent out by tech support.

On the NVR, the update.img and u-boot.bin.img files are used when restoring a bricked unit by tftp, though the instructions call for armboot-x.bin.img for the second file. Dunno about the rest.

Sounds like you need to change the general....bin file to update.bin, making sure the full file name is displayed, as mentioned in posts above.

You might wait for someone with NVR experience to verify this, as Dahua's update procedure will brick your unit if you look at it cross-eyed, and their tech support is weak.

Described above can only explain your technology is weak.

i think becchett can login the websit:

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/download_2_3.html and download the file of "1.16REC-Upgrade tool.rar" . u can upgrade through the tool . the name of "General......"need not modify.

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/download_2_3.html and download the file of "1.16REC-Upgrade tool.rar" . u can upgrade through the tool . the name of "General......"need not modify.

done it !! thank you ivan_sh this method worked fine !

May I ask you about MD ?

I would like your opinion on the possibility to activate MD by phone, in your opinion will

be realized ?

Bye

u can config the function in the menu of the ipc , open the choice about the MD. do u need alarm or record ?

u can config the function in the menu of the ipc , open the choice about the MD. do u need alarm or record ?

alarm (email) with snapshoot.

I think about smartphone because is easy and fast method to enable (when you go outside

) and disable (before you came back at home) motion detection, NVR is inside my house but

hasn't got any video.

MD should be a kind of trigger that I would turn on or off without going in front of NVR.

Thanks a lot

can i get a copy of General_NVR3xxx_Eng_P_V2 .610.0000.3.R.20130403.zip

my apologize but I think you ask new release from your vendor.

However with this firmware I don't solve any problems.

Bye

Just upload it so anyone looking to update a dahua NVR can experiment with other versions.

The version i have loaded is dated May 25th so was after a older version to run some test on this NVR.

Something that might not work for you might work for others.

With my testing and this NVR the MD false alarms was due to the camera not the NVR.. once i update the camera's firmware the NVR worked fine with MD.

done it !! thank you ivan_sh this method worked fine !

May I ask you about MD ?

be realized ?

Bye

i used the tool as suggested, data uploaded to the screen of my nvr, system restarts, then nothing?

send bios data sucess! postcount:12384KB, restarts then what???

anyone can tell me about APP gdmss plus and fetaure motion detection ?

when will be possible activate or deacticave MD and alert through email inside this APP ?

Bye