Sign in to follow this  
tjlowe1

swann and PTZ control, not working

hi,

I have a swann DVR8-4000,and two pro 750 cameras and cannot get the ptz cameras to move, its a new system and I can only sense i'm missing doing some thing very simple.

I've connected the camera up, connected the RS485cables,(the right way round, with the purple wire on the right)gone into settings checked the Camera number,Baudrate and address,(with the camera having switched it off then on to get the settings)and checked the Protocol, everything seems to be correct BUT STILL NO LUCK WITH MOVING THE CAMERAS.

I've spoken to Swann and they have tried to talk me through it but with no luck,they did say it could be a faulty camera SO I BROUGHT a new one, still with no luck.

I've even done the switches inside the Done..1,2&10 up... still nothing.

hopefully somebody can help out, I look forward to any replys.

thanks

tj

Can you get into the OSD menu in the camera? If so, your 485 is the right way around. If not, try reversing the 485 and also re-seat the wire in the 485 hookups on the back of the dvr. As long as you are absolutely certain everything matches in the camera and dvr settings, than it's the 485. Either try switching the wire around, try a new wire completely, and try re-seating it in the dvr connection block. Also make sure you're powering the camera properly, taking into account the distance you have it from the power supply.

Hi Dear,

I read out your problem, it is really so unfortunate that this problem does not overcome after these many efforts, it may be because of any wrong setting or it may be some technical fault, in my view you should consult with some professional Camera Installer and i believe you will get sure results in a positive way.