Messoa has released their megapixel LPR camera. They can read license plates of two lanes up to 150 feet. If it performs as well as the SCR515PRO, it will be a winner. I'll take two, please!

Best,

Christopher

Thanks for the info, are these fairly expensive for what they do?

I don't recall the exact price but the SCR515PRO was about $2,000 from the installer. I am reading license plates at 180 feet at night which is pretty amazing considering they are designed for one lane and the lane I'm covering is almost two lanes wide. The only issue with the SCR515PRO at that distance is the varifocal lens for the distance (if memory serves it is a 70mm to 120mm) is not IR corrected. So, if I focus for night, I can read plates in daylight when the aperture is closed down, but I can't read plates during the 40 minute transitions from day to night and night to day.

According to tech support, the lens used in the NCH517 is IR corrected. The down side for the 517 is few NVRs likely support it, so the recording will be continuous and not based on motion. Even so, I expect I could make good use of this camera. Don't yet have pricing on this camera.

Best,

Christopher

They call it an LPR camera, but does it really have LPR built into the camera where you can enter plate numbers into the camera so you can trigger an event on a match? MSRP is $3,600 which is not really that bad. It comes with the 2MP camera, external 1,000' IR illuminator, lens, housing, heater, blower.

We are looking at an Axis Q1604 with a big lens and a big illuminator, so that's probably in the same ballpark, then add LPR software for the camera, and it's up in the mid-4,000 list price range.

They call it an LPR camera, but does it really have LPR built into the camera where you can enter plate numbers into the camera so you can trigger an event on a match?

Most manufacturers use LPR to mean the camera is deigned to recognize plates at night with headlights and taillights on. ANPR/ALPR means the software can scan the plates and store them as searchable data.

Best,

Christopher

This Youtube video shows the NCH517 integrated with ANPR software. The ANPR demo starts around 1:18.

zFdTZIDtkb4

Is that doing that in-camera or is that a PC running the software? The reason I want in-camera LPR is I have a "parking lot" use case, meaning I give the camera a list of authorized plate numbers and it triggers the gate to open if there's a match. Yes, I can do that with PC software but then I have to run alarm out to each gate and the gates are about 1/2 mile apart from each other, that's why I want a localized solution with no PC. So far, I've only found one such solution, IPConfigure with the Axis Q1604 but if Messoa can do this, that would be great.