jackal

Designing a CCTV system for cars?

I'm looking for some ideas on how to design a security features for cars market. there has been a lot of car hijacks and break-in cases for automobile industry in my country and none of the anti-theft alarm really deters these robbers from stealing cars like mercedes, bmw , rovers etc. Sometimes the drivers were hijacked with threats of weapons.

Well since most of the cars are sometimes parked in a basement with poor lighting , what types of cameras that has been in the market that provides surveillance for the automobile.

The camera needs to be hidden and my idea is to install it infront of the driver seat and one camera will be monitoring the back seats. If you have new ideas or existing ideas that works , do share with me .

as for the recording of the video, it has to be securely install somewhere at the back of the boots or hidden in the area of driver dashboard. Being the owner of a luxurious car, they might be happy to have their handphone alerts them and are able to view the pic in their cellphone or PDA .

What are the units system that I need to have for this whole package?

Please provide me the link of any cameras , dvr etc in other webpages that have already design this system.

Thank you.

try looking at the DV6010M. least exspensive and it works. concept is to have your vehicle cameras uplink the video to the server, via wireless network, located in the building so that the video is saved after the fact. When on the road it saves onto a hard drive.

Jim Fields

Senior Director - Sales Operations, North America

214.476.3431 cell

jfields@aegison.com

Try http://www.servision.net/

They manufacture some great mobile DVR's. Operate mostly with SIF and QSIF compressions. Adjustable bit rates to support the full range of network bandwidths (9 KBits/sec to 1 MBits/sec, 5-30 fps live)

Supports GPRS, CDMA.

Check them out very stable machines.

Mace Security Products OEM's one of their DVR's and has had good luck with it.

Made and Designed in Israel

hi

my thinking is system like this

video , 2 way sound inside and out, 4 channel or more , flash memory record,

wifi wireless 54mbit minum power 400mw , 2-4 ptz cameras , 2 -4 wide angle <90 or 1 360 omni ,2 -4 reg , etc

bosch videojet 10 is good start or better Verint Nextiva s1900e and 2-4gb flash good camera is a problem so for now need to look at 2nd generation pixim chip cameras if size is no problem , if money is no object than intervac e1100 , or if on low bugget any ex sony 480 line or better bullet cam , pinhole lens , dell axim pda x51v for 640x480 res and wifi local monitoring

in usa 3g sprint internet if posible for long range wireless and remote control relay electric gas pump / computer shutdown or gps position data

first 1-5 min responce is most important in situation like this

car temperature can get ~160 or cold -40 so test the hardware to your limit

dusan

I have a customer who makes cars into traps to catch thieves with video, 2 way audio, doors lock and engine shuts down. There products have been on the news many times busting car jackers. PM me your contact info and I will pass it on to them.

People trying to blow your car up in canada??

Wonder what would happen if they blew the trunk up