Hathol

Motion Detection HDB3200c

Hi,

I have a huge problem with motion detection on my HDB3200c and NVR3216. It seams that I can not get it to record when there is people in the "picture", there is a choice in the NVR (se picture 1) that I can set sensitivity to 1-6. If I set it to 4 it doesn´t record very much, just a few small clips and it seams that I can not trigger motion detection even if I show my self to camera and start waving to it. If I set it to 5 it starts to record instantly and almost every single second 24/7.

I noticed that there is 2 values inside the webgui of the HDB3200c (see picture 2), I have changed that settings alot to see if those 2 choices could get the motion detection to trigger recording. But it seams that I even there get lost, anyone have any suggestion how to get the motion detection to trigger on people?

(I also have a HFW3300C bullet cam and that works with motion detection with the NVR.)

Cam.JPG.59cd232d10529d6297e5300f10afc271.JPG

NVR.JPG.2e59cb56b5be7c0fcd963277fa959da2.JPG

I have also had problems with Dahua and motion detection.

I installed on a business not long ago a Dahua DVR1604HF-U (16ch analog, up to 16ch IP) with 4pc HDB3200C. I end up leaving the 4 cameras recording all time during work hours, because I was either losing too many events, or recording almost constantly. And today I was testing NVR3216 with 4pc HDW2100 and I felt I had the same problems; motion detection was missing too many events. Not related, but I also had 1pc analog DVR0404LF-AS with MD completely fucked up; it had a buggy firmware and MD could not be used at all, but they quickly solved it by sending me the firmware upgrade.

I think there is still quite some work to be done on Dahua MD on IP systems.

I don't know if this is part of the too-sensitive problem, but I had a cam that set off motion recording constantly on an Aver system because of the OSD clock. When I excluded it, everything was good.

Your Dahua motion detect select box should exclude the clock, but you can count on Dahua software to be a little glitchy, so it might be worth testing that.

I don't know if this is part of the too-sensitive problem, but I had a cam that set off motion recording constantly on an Aver system because of the OSD clock. When I excluded it, everything was good.

Your Dahua motion detect select box should exclude the clock, but you can count on Dahua software to be a little glitchy, so it might be worth testing that.

Thank you for the tip, I tried it but it was not that problem.

Do anyone else have a HDB3200c that works with MD and what is the sensitivity/threshold settings on your camera?

Updated the camerasoftware to the latest one but that didnt help either, it simply just doesnt work to trigger the motion detection when I am in the picture.

Updated the camerasoftware to the latest one but that didnt help either, it simply just doesnt work to trigger the motion detection when I am in the picture.

Just out of curiosity, what size lens do you have on your HDB3200c ?

Forgive for asking the obvious, but you do have this channel scheduled for MD? And I mean scheduled in the schedule menu, not just the period menu in the detect menu, but the schedule menu.

I´m not really sure what lens, I havn´t changed it so I think it is the 3.6mm?

Yes, the Channel i scheduled for MD. The camera is recording some small clips randomly and is triggered of something. But I can go out and I shows up in the "ipadapp" (of the camera), start waving and doing alot of funny moves but it still doesnt record me.

My problem with motion detection and the IPC-HDB3200C is that the software configuration doesn't save successfully. When the settings to detect motion detection are set, alerts are triggered and registered in the alert log. However when the browser window is closed the settings are lost.

Does anyway one else have problems saving settings? Does a firmware upgrae improve this?

The software I'm using is the web service, (Web Service v3.0), attached are a couple of screenshots.

I had the same issues with my HDBW3202 MD would never work properly.. look up my post on this forum it was fixed last week with a firmware update.

MD records everything and works 100% for me with a NVR3216-P now.

I guess email the reseller and get a firmware update for it.

You could try narrowing down the detection window and adjusting the sensitivity in that particyular area of the view. But that is just an attempt before recording 24/7 or buying a better recxorder

Tried that but no luck unfortunatly... Dahua technician has been looged on remotly to the nvr an camera but they havnt got back to me yet what they think is wrong.

Latest email from my vendor regarding the problem with motion detection and the HDB3200c.

Dahua said the products has the problem all the time, so they are thinking how to solve the problem. Hope for your understanding.

I am using HDBW 3110 and NVR 3816. I have also the same problem about the motion detection. I hope Dahua come up with the solution about MD. ASAP!

I am using HDBW 3110 and NVR 3816. I have also the same problem about the motion detection. I hope Dahua come up with the solution about MD. ASAP!

I remember that camera, the one with the CCD sensor. You can get support on their website - http://www.dahuasecurity.com/onlinesupport.html I got my problem resolved after only a few months, but they do respond. Also you can search for similar questions/resolutions. Make sure they have all the information up front like firmware levels, that may save you a few weeks. Just remember, the money they save on support goes into better pricing.

Also, your reseller should be able to get you firmware for that model. It's a fairly unique camera so make sure it will work with that camera before installing. There should be a read me file that has the camera model list for that update. Dahua is not good about checking firmware before installing it, so installing the wrong firmware can brick the camera or nvr. But that's usually what I do before I bug support is to make sure I have the latest firmware.

What is the latest software for HDB3200c? I am using 24-07-2012 release. If there is any latest update please send me the link to download it.

The latest version for that family of cams is 2013-05-17. Do you have PAL or NTSC?

Here's a link to the full PAL version - don't use the download manager!

viewtopic.php?p=223533#p223533

and a link to the update-only NTSC version (the clickable link isn't complete on my browser; you may need to copy and paste it):

viewtopic.php?p=226171#p226171

These are the supported devices:

Supported Devices:

HDB(W)3202,HFW3101C,HF3101,HFW3X00C,F728WP,HF3300,HDB(W)3300,HFW3300,HF3301,HF3500,HF3500A,HF3200,HDB3200C,HF3110,HDB(W)3110,HDB(W)3101,HFW3110,HF3100,HF3211F,HDW2100,HD2100,HFW2100,HF2100,HFW3100,HDB3100C,HFW3(2)105(2100S),HDW3100S,HDW2105S,HDW3105S,HFW3200S,HFW3202C

Anyone have an issue with this camera running the latest firmware of 12-16-13

I'm trying setup up motion detection and I can't select any other day except Sunday..

every time I check the 'All' box for all days and it save... it doesn't save.. just stays on sunday.

anyone else experiencing this?