saifs1410

Cannot configure CCTV remote viewing

Hi all,

I recently had a CCTV surveillance system in my shop by a technician and he was supposed to get it all up and running and configure the networking aspect so that I could remotely view the feed from my home PC or smartphone. But during the installation process we found he was cheating us and we had to fire him before completion of the work and he had only installed the cameras and the DVR by that time.

After that I myself purchased an internet connection for the shop so that i could enable remote viewing and up until now I am unable to get it to work and need some help.

So far I have done the following and works.

1. DVR + Cameras installed and working, can view it when connected to the monitor and also recording

2. I have connected it to my new internet router modem, assigned a static IP for the DVR and I am able to access the DVR from the local network.

3. I created a DynDNS account and also a host name and linked it to my router and my dynamic IP is automatically being shown and updated on dyndns regularly.

4. I have set up port forwarding for three ports for the DVR namely Port 80(for http access), 7777(DVR default) and 8888(Smartphone port)

But so far, I am unable to access the DVR from my home or from my smartphone. When i type in my hostname it just times out with no response.

When i checked to see if my ports are being forwarded correctly with canyouseeme website, it says all three of my ports are NOT open.

My DVR is a generic one with no brand name.

My Router is Huawei E5172s-920 model provided by my ISP (STC Quicknet 4G in Saudi Arabia)

After a detailed search on various websites on the internet I have with my knowledge so far come to a conclusion that I maybe having a firewall issue.

But the problem is that I do not have an option to disable firewall and it says in the details section "Firewall inbound (from internet to lan) policy dropped".

The only options I have in firewall settings are High, Medium, Low and Custom. No disable option.

I am attaching a few screenshots along with this. Please try and help me out and let me know what more details are needed.

Thanks in advance.

3.JPG.f51c622d4a578da60eaf7b5210a57cba.JPG

2.JPG.855eff550974f8a12e65cc7a3c74d2e3.JPG

1.JPG.fc3d22e5d377f3a3432f84217de2db8d.JPG

Hope I have given all the information needed. Please let me know if anything else is required. Thanks once again in advance.

7.JPG.c3a76c5933f22009d62e912d3457f3d5.JPG

8.JPG.c71a1c94d3ddb8a4293ba4bd7fc16b4f.JPG

9.JPG.c437e39ea2f4a297e629eb9292dc22bc.JPG

Here are the remaining pictures.

The last picture here leads me to believe connections from the internet are being blocked by the Access Control List (ACL) try adding a rule to allow HTTP from external.

Or try adding HTTPS to your hostname and see if that works.

Here are the remaining pictures.

The last picture here leads me to believe connections from the internet are being blocked by the Access Control List (ACL) try adding a rule to allow HTTP from external.

Or try adding HTTPS to your hostname and see if that works.

As of picture 4, internet http request is already accepted.

Also tried adding https as per your suggestion, still no change. same as before..

Can you add to the service access control list the following

Service = HTTP

Access Source = Internet

Action = Accept

Status = enabled

See if that works.

Hi, I read about your problem and its seems that you need some professional assistance. there are so many professional security installer, you can find them online. I believe you need to discuss your problem with them and they will get some sound solution.

Hi, I read about your problem and its seems that you need some professional assistance. there are so many professional security installer, you can find them online. I believe you need to discuss your problem with them and they will get some sound solution.

I guess daviansmith assumes none of us who frequent this board do this for a living, guess I better start looking for a new job then.

After a cursory view of this problem, I have to ask you, have you contacted your ISP to see if they are blocking ports at their end? If this is the case, ask them nicely to unblock.

They are generally concerned about spammers getting a back door to their networks and block them as a standard policy. If they are assured that you only want to use the ports for your security system, they should be willing to unblock them.

It can't hurt to call their tech support and ask...

When you are using the STC 4G as internet connection and you are setting up for your port forwarding (for CCTV, Remote Desktop, DDNS) it will never work. because whenever you trace your modem's IP address obtained from STC (see the internet status of the modem) and compare it to websites that detects your modem's IP address (e.g. www.canyouseeme.org and www.whatsmyip.org) it is totally different. so its not a matter of port problem. it's a matter of assigned IP address by the internet provider... only the internet provider can help you in concerning to this problem...

Register for a remote access dynamic dns account from dyndns.org and add hostname in My Hosts menu

Then configure it on your stc 4g router

Example:- if you added host as sample.dyndns.org

Domain name: dyndns.org

Hostname: sample

Username: your username

Password: your password

select enable -> Submit

Now the private ip will be updated to dyndns server.

You can only access STC 4g router from another STC 4g router

hi all im new to cctv installation and to this forum...

Aventura cctv cameras were used and a Huishi dvr is used. the configurations were done as in the following attachments. the router has a static ip and can log to it remotely with the current configurations. but the camera videos does not load. in the internal network you can log in to the dvr and videos can be viewed. please help!

Edited by Guest

You need to go read some of the other posts about port forwarding, several of us have spent a GREAT deal of time explaining this very same topic over and over on this forum.

Here is my diagram that explains how it works. After you read this, please use the search function to see how others have solved the exact same issues. I would also change your primary DNS to the address of your router.

246779_1.png

Edited by Guest

I just noticed that graphic needs an edit for the labels, I will clear it up when I get to work today.

Thank you so much for the reply!

actually i tried primary dns as 192.168.1.1 (the default gateway ) but it didn't work! im not using DynDNS. i log remotely as (static ip):(port) so does the DNS ips matters? (a static ip is purchased from the service provider and i confirmed that it is assigned to the router im dealing with) and I understand your diagram! thank you so much for the effort!

BUT with the same settings in the dvr and using a ZTE router i was able to log in to the dvr remotely and was able to watch live feed from the cameras remotely! the zte router required "start port" and "end port" when port forwarding. the start port-->88 end port--> 34567 (because in the dvr HTTP port-->88 Media port-->34567 were given). But the router as in the attachment is a Huawei e5172 router which asks for a "local port" and a "remote port range". so the local port is given as 88 and remote port range 88-34567. but i was able to only to log in to the dvr! afterwards no video is loaded! i tried giving 2 entries in the port forwarding page as remote port range-->88 local port-->88 and a separate entry as remote port range-->34567 local port-->34567 (I tried switching the entries i.e. first entry is given as remote port range-->34567 local port-->34567 then remote port range-->88 local port-->88. yet no success!) . Yet again only port 88 has been forwarded! is there a specific format that I should adhere when giving entries in the port forwarding section in Huawei routers? I tried various formats in portforward.com for this router (because that website hasn't provided a format for Huishi dvr) yet again no success! i think my problem remains here. please correct me if not!

I edited and re-loaded the graphic above. As for the rest of your post, I will have to read it more closely and get back to you later today.

I just noticed that graphic needs an edit for the labels, I will clear it up when I get to work today.

Thank you so much for the reply!

actually i tried primary dns as 192.168.1.1 (the default gateway ) but it didn't work! im not using DynDNS. i log remotely as (static ip):(port) so does the DNS ips matters? (a static ip is purchased from the service provider and i confirmed that it is assigned to the router im dealing with) and I understand your diagram! thank you so much for the effort!

BUT with the same settings in the dvr and using a ZTE router i was able to log in to the dvr remotely and was able to watch live feed from the cameras remotely! the zte router required "start port" and "end port" when port forwarding. the start port-->88 end port--> 34567 (because in the dvr HTTP port-->88 Media port-->34567 were given). But the router as in the attachment is a Huawei e5172 router which asks for a "local port" and a "remote port range". so the local port is given as 88 and remote port range 88-34567. but i was able to only to log in to the dvr! afterwards no video is loaded! i tried giving 2 entries in the port forwarding page as remote port range-->88 local port-->88 and a separate entry as remote port range-->34567 local port-->34567 (I tried switching the entries i.e. first entry is given as remote port range-->34567 local port-->34567 then remote port range-->88 local port-->88. yet no success!) . Yet again only port 88 has been forwarded! is there a specific format that I should adhere when giving entries in the port forwarding section in Huawei routers? I tried various formats in portforward.com for this router (because that website hasn't provided a format for Huishi dvr) yet again no success! i think my problem remains here. please correct me if not!

How much have you spent on static ip address? Is this on a monthly basis or 1 time payment. I am using STC 4g router...

Are you in UK USA or where?

I am in Greater Manchester (north) and would assist you if I have some free time

Huwei routers are real PIGS to get working.

hey i figured it out!

in huawei routers --> dmz settings

dmz: (check) enable

Host address: 192.168.1.10 <--ip address of the dvr

also include the ports in the port forwarding section with the ip address of the dvr. (as in the attachment)

Thanks all for the replies!

portforwading.png.0919d8462a3945fc09be55d68eb558a4.png