bigglebowski

Home invasion caught on nannycam

Man WTF is wrong with people. I hope they catch his @$$ and put the same beating on him!!!

It infuriates me from within when I see stuff like this.

It's the reason I one day hope to own my own security business.

I watched some of the other related videos where home cameras caught stuff and on almost

all of them had a reinforced strip been installed they couldn't have gotten through the door.

Layers... Layers....

This is exactly why I installed a video surveillance system in my home. It's not the material things that matter. Home invasions are the WORST!!! Even here in Canada it's bad

Good thing they had a camera to help catch the thug so he doesn't do it again. It's all you can do really other than have a large attack dog. I can't even imagine getting to a gun in time as they guy kicks the door in. Our plan is to run for the safe room where there's all theirs boxes of ammo and guns on the ready, but no guarantee I'll make it there.

In addition to my merely interesting neighbors, there was a mean home invasion thing down the road a few months ago, on our commute to work. Wife and kid (3) actually passed the perp on the road, who appeared to be fumbling with his belt (they didn't think much of it at the time, though they had to swerve to avoid the guy in the road).

Crime was committed with a handgun, so that is a bit chilling. I followed down (unaware) on my way to work about 30 minutes later, cops everywhere all SWATted up, looking down the ravine with ARs.

Perp left no business card and cops never caught the guy, despite dogs and a chopper. Volunteered our info, but nothing came of it. Still out there.

Nothing against the PD at all, but the nature of the job is to fill out forms after the Bad Thing has happened. I have changed a few things since then. Here, you better be your own first responder within reason.

That's why I wish California had write to carry laws like Florida and some other states. Should be something you just take with you like a wallet, cell phone. Guns are the great equalizer, doesn't matter if you are a frail old lady or a body builder, if the criminal thinks you have a gun, it changes the dynamics. Instead they say, carry pepper spray, waste of time, sprayed an entire can in the eyes of an angry dog that wanted to attack me and he didn't even flinch. He took a sniff, didn't care for it and slowly backed off.

That's why I wish California had write to carry laws like Florida and some other states. Should be something you just take with you like a wallet, cell phone. Guns are the great equalizer, doesn't matter if you are a frail old lady or a body builder, if the criminal thinks you have a gun, it changes the dynamics. Instead they say, carry pepper spray, waste of time, sprayed an entire can in the eyes of an angry dog that wanted to attack me and he didn't even flinch. He took a sniff, didn't care for it and slowly backed off.

That's why I always carry. Hope the thug gets what's coming to him.

Guns are the great equalizer until someone starts shooting at you at which point the inexperienced and/or untrained soil their pants, are paralyzed with fear and subsequently spray and pray. I they don't simply run away in panic. Too much Hollywood. Too much BS. Too little real life experience getting shot at. More guns are the answer to human violence as much as more highways are the answer to traffic congestion. This said, try to take away my guns and I'll help start the revolution.

Does depend on one's training, maybe a few paintball sessions should be in order, LOL. I was trained by a top federal agent in real situations, not just shooting paper targets in a gun range but that's not what most people go through. In states with right to carry laws, do shootings go up or down? I would think if they went up dramatically they would change their laws.

It's like recreational marijuana laws, do a lot more people smoke pot in Colorado or Washington because they allow recreational use of marijuana, I doubt it. Just because you can, doesn't mean you will and just because something is not legal does not prevent people from doing so. When I was assigned LA as a territory, I carried for several years. They say better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6. One of my co-workers carried a 44 magnum IMI Dessert Eagle, now that's a gun. I carried a little lightweight Colt Mustang .380. I think one of his bullets was bigger than my gun, LOL.

They caught him.... whatever happened to 3 strikes and your out laws?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/02/shawn-custis-nj-home-invasion_n_3530310.html

A man charged with attacking a New Jersey mom in her home as her daughter watched said little as he was arraigned Tuesday morning in Superior Court.

During Shawn Custis' brief appearance, he heard the charges against him: attempted murder, burglary, and endangering the welfare of a child.

Custis was turned in by a girlfriend and other acquaintances who recognized him from the video, reports said.

Since the 1990s, he's been convicted 12 times on felony charges, including several burglaries, radio station New Jersey 101.5 said.