f13dfx

Not able to view raw video from Safari browser.....help!

Hi all. So I've been able to setup 3 ACTi E32s around the outside of my home and am able to monitor them via Blue Iris app on my iPhone.

However, I was trying to access each individual camera via the internet on my MacBook Air's Safari browser. I am able to login to each E32's Web Configurator, but then when I try to view live video I see a "missing plugin" message where the video should appear. When I click on this message it takes me to the VLC site asking me to download VLC media player. But I already have the VLC media player installed, so I figure I'm missing a step here.

Any help towards getting this to work would be greatly appreciated!

When i installed my AVtech even though i already had VLC, i was prompted to download it again because i was missing a plugin.

When i installed my AVtech even though i already had VLC, i was prompted to download it again because i was missing a plugin.

Hi Blake,

I failed to mention that I also installed an AVN813 on the inside of our window looking out of our front entrance, with a PIR motion sensor installed on the outside and wired into the AVN813's alarm I/O to activate Push Notifications.

When I tried to login & view live video the first time, I was asked to do the same and that's how I now have the latest VLC media player 2.0.7 installed in my MacBook Air

After that I'm able to view live video from the AVN813. But still doesn't work for the ACTi E32s

I am going to try using MJPEG compression instead of H264. I think I read somewhere that you don't neet plugins for either Safari or Chrome browsers when using MJPEG.

Thanks for the help!

All my ACTi and AVTech cameras work fine on my MacBook Air, but I'm running IE on Windows 7 on VMware Fusion. From BlueIris's web server, you can access the cameras via Safari on the Mac that way and probably the best way as you can view all the cameras live at once and view the recordings from your Mac. We did this on our vacation and it worked out well.

All my ACTi and AVTech cameras work fine on my MacBook Air, but I'm running IE on Windows 7 on VMware Fusion. From BlueIris's web server, you can access the cameras via Safari on the Mac that way and probably the best way as you can view all the cameras live at once and view the recordings from your Mac. We did this on our vacation and it worked out well.

You are a true SAGE!!!

Thank you!!!