cavcom

Advice needed. 25 locations one camera at each.

I have a client that needs 1 ip camera at 25-30 locations.

I want to use a camera that can be viewed live or watch recorded with onboard camera storage.

My concerns/needs are.

Some of the sites I will have to use a dsl connection.

Do not need a Ton of storage.

1 or 2 mp

Must be able to pick and choose or watch all the sites at one time on the GUI.

Poe.

Ip66 or better.

View from CPU and tablet/phone

Don't want a server of possible?

Thanks in advance

I should note i am a huge fan of avigilon but not feasible to do a server at each location. That's why I need suggestions.

Thanks

You could use VideoIQ cameras with the built-in storage and analytics to only push video when people or cars are in the FOV.

Exacq has their VMS plugin for Axis and other camera manufactures if you trust that Tyco will not destroy them in a couple of years

One camera you should check out is the Brickcom bullet like the one I reviewed a while ago. It has SD card slot where you can record and also has 4G sim card slot and Wifi, so you can use the camera as you expect to view them remotely and to record. Also, when I say WiFi, I mean good powerful WiFi that can go a few blocks, not like laptop or cheap camera WiFi.

Alternatively, what we do is use a Mobotix dome with a broadband router with a mobile broadband usb stick.

Be careful as the larger providers like AT&T and Verizon make it nearly impossible to connect to the camera remotely because it's an internal router on their end, not an external IP. I know Verizon wanted a couple of hundred for a one time fee for an external IP. Not an issue with 3G and not an issue with some smaller carriers, so make sure you clear this with your mobile provider to make sure you can do what you want to do. The Mobotix records to a 64GB SD card, holds a few weeks worth of recorded events.

I have used the Brickcom on board storage for a client. I found it to be very buggy at recording to a SD card with motion recording.

Why not use something as simple as a 2MP dahua mini dome? I believe it can take up to a 64gb card. Use PSS software to load in all of them to view from one location. Make sure their sub streams are all set accordingly to help view them live all at once. Set both main stream and sub stream to record. Recording sub stream as well will help make any locations playback easier at the central location. You can view playback of any camera when needed and archive that to the local computer. If you're sitting there watching any camera live you can hit local record and record that event to the local pc. It should all integrate ok. If you're talking about constant activity all day during normal business hours, just schedule constant recording during that period and then motion recording during off hours. That's the best way to just guarantee you catch all the action if there's constant action anyway.

I'm just thinking out loud suggesting this. I haven't done it, but it should work fine I would think. The only thing that camera won't do well is see in the dark. But if you're talking daytime or well lighted areas at night, no problem.

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hdb3200c--17.html

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/pss--147.html

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/dmss--148.html

Their starter product is about $50/camera, their higher end is $200/camera. Why do you need NVR software, I thought you wanted to do everything in-camera.

Looks like the edge software with axis cameras will work for me.

How difficult is the set up?

Thanks again for all the help.

Just wanted to thank everyone for there responses, got the first site up and running with the axis/edge combo and it's a great product. I will say I don't like the fact that axis doesn't have a tech support number but exacq does and there were very helpful.