Can anyone tell me the quality difference between the two ?

I thought K&D was a reseller, the specs look the same on most of their cameras to the Dahua brand. But the stuff I read shows that K&D Security manufactures their own cameras.

K&D has been making some of it's own products, but resold Dahua network cameras to compliment their analog line. But Dahua has very strict rules and does not allow them to sell internationally, specifically the U.S. so they decided to assemble their own. They use many of the same components used in Dahua cameras like sensor and image processing chips, but it's not Dahua. Actually to me, the firmware resembles Hikvision more so than Dahua.

I'll know more when I get mine.

I have a K&D KDW-HW47RC83 that is a Dahua HFW3300C. The only difference is a label on the camera case with the K&D PN, SN, etc.

They didn't change anything in the firmware. The firmware SN report is a Dahua SN and doesn't match the K&D SN, and it's taken several Dahua firmware upgrades with no problems.

Their support seems little different from Dahua so far; I've been unable find a source of K&D firmware, and haven't had any answers to repeated firmware requests to K&D. I'm still asking, though!

Their new cameras are not Dahua, they are assembled by K&D. They sold Dahua OEM'ed cameras for a while, but Dahua stopped them from selling outside of China.

Their support seems little different from Dahua so far; I've been unable find a source of K&D firmware, and haven't had any answers to repeated firmware requests to K&D. I'm still asking, though!

Sounds like the support is the same...

I'm asking K&D questions about firmware upgrades on another forum, and so far, the best I've got is "normally we will make latest firmware as factory default, if have new one in the future, we will send you to upgrade" (but at least it's an answer!).

I've never been able to get support for my re-labeled Dahua, which is less than a year old, so that doesn't bode well for their long-term support if they decide to change horses again.

I'm hoping they'll surprise me soon and I can come back and eat these words. All I want is to be able to get firmware upgrades and tech docs when I need them.

I just bought a couple of Hik mini-bullets today, partly because Hik has actual technical support. I'm tired of scrounging firmware from companies that don't care about end users.

I've had a recent firmware update for the dahua 2mp mini domes- as little as a month ago. There were others for other cameras as well but I don't own them. The place where I bought them from alerted me and will continue to do so- passing on the FW file. With my albeit limited buying experience of rebranded dauha, it seems it depends on who you buy it from as far as after purchase support.

I have purchased from K&D and was hard to get a initial support request.. 2 or 3 emails but was handled well after that with quick replies.. received a fixed firmware update for one of my cameras.

This was for a dahua dome... would use them again.

Their new cameras are not Dahua, they are assembled by K&D. They sold Dahua OEM'ed cameras for a while, but Dahua stopped them from selling outside of China.

Right, currently they are selling both rebranded Dahua & their own Dahua clone, have seen an online demo. Quality almost the same because it's also TI with Aptina. If only they can get Dahua NVR to record on motion, it will be nice cos price is very much cheaper!

How about compairing them to Hikvision cameras, are they all pretty close to each other ? ( image, quality, night time image)

So I am at work and browsing...

any other reports of KD cams lately? someone mentioned that KD used different sensors in their products vs the Dahua equivalent? I don't have the spec sheets in front of me but would love to hear a little more insight. Also, any news on support/firmware requests? They also say there is a 2 year warranty but having to ship a 250$ cam back to China for $80 bux or something kind of kills the value. Either way, these look great and may invest in some to practice up with and potentially move them to a less important location in the future if I decide to upgrade.

I have one, looks identical to a Dahua, has similar menus. Firmware is not ripe yet, needs a little more work.

I have order 1 each from the 1MP, 1.3MP & 2MP range too but will only get it next week. Can you elaborate a bit more on what exactly is the problem and in which area? TIA

The camera works, so don't fear that. The firmware issues were options that don't do anything (they exist, but buttons, drop downs, don't work), there's some settings that don't persist reboots, many options that were irrelevant to the camera I have like audio options on a camera without audio. There are no show stoppers, nothing that will keep you from using the camera, but from my point of view, trying to figure out a way to resell them in the U.S., it was not ready enough. But look at the bright side, it's all firmware issues, things they can fix. The camera itself, at least the one I got looks identical in about every way to a Dahua HFW2100 and performed at least as well. Also, not sure if you are working with Cherry, but she is very nice and accommodating.

The camera works, so don't fear that. The firmware issues were options that don't do anything (they exist, but buttons, drop downs, don't work), there's some settings that don't persist reboots, many options that were irrelevant to the camera I have like audio options on a camera without audio. There are no show stoppers, nothing that will keep you from using the camera, but from my point of view, trying to figure out a way to resell them in the U.S., it was not ready enough. But look at the bright side, it's all firmware issues, things they can fix. The camera itself, at least the one I got looks identical in about every way to a Dahua HFW2100 and performed at least as well. Also, not sure if you are working with Cherry, but she is very nice and accommodating.

Thanks, sounds comforting. If I just use it for direct connection to NVR most of the customers will never bother to login into the IPC menu anyway.