Sign in to follow this  
Razer_SE

Recommended/better RG59 Siamese cable for analog runs?

What is a recommended brand or source for great quality RG59 Siamese cable for analog runs?

I'm using cable now that I feel is not the best, on longer runs, and at times even short ones, I think the image is not up to par even when just ran. Been using it for a long time and I'm having to repull wire as soon as a year later for the cable going bad, that is getting really old. Other runs are fine, so I'm thinking the QC is suspect on what I'm getting locally. Cable is almost always ran in conduit, but I'd prefer direct burial grade just in case is has to run in the open somewhere along the way. Cost is a concern, especially when I'm going to have to pay for shipping a ton of it to me!

On CAT5 cable I've finally settled on Ubiquity cable and that has been noticeably better quality and reliability than locally acquired cable so I'm hoping someone has suggestions on equally great Siamese!

Any help appreciated, thanks all!

Edited to add - I purchase through ADI for many of my cameras so if they have it great, if not I'll purchase from wherever.

What is a recommended brand or source for great quality RG59 Siamese cable for analog runs?

I'm using cable now that I feel is not the best, on longer runs, and at times even short ones, I think the image is not up to par even when just ran. Been using it for a long time and I'm having to repull wire as soon as a year later for the cable going bad, that is getting really old. Other runs are fine, so I'm thinking the QC is suspect on what I'm getting locally. Cable is almost always ran in conduit, but I'd prefer direct burial grade just in case is has to run in the open somewhere along the way. Cost is a concern, especially when I'm going to have to pay for shipping a ton of it to me!

On CAT5 cable I've finally settled on Ubiquity cable and that has been noticeably better quality and reliability than locally acquired cable so I'm hoping someone has suggestions on equally great Siamese!

Any help appreciated, thanks all!

Edited to add - I purchase through ADI for many of my cameras so if they have it great, if not I'll purchase from wherever.

Using Remee for mine and haven't seen any issues, I use Honeywell Genesis for my 22/4 cable. I believe I saw RG59 w/ 18-2 on sale this month at ADI. The RG59 is the 500' spool. Cat6 and CAT5e are also on sale this month, if you want the prices send me a PM.

Thanks for the replies, I ended up with 12,000' of Honeywell cable for my first order and have already installed well over half of it. So far it is working great, but the real test will be how well it holds up over time I guess.

I looked a the Remee and CommScope cable too, but the local people at ADI said they recommend and sell the Honeywell more than any other. Who knows, but I'm giving it a try! If it gives any trouble at least I;ve got a couple of other good options, thanks guys.

I generally follow the advice of adi but at times I also think hey your here to make money and go with the cheaper options I have installed 10 000 ft of the Honeywell alarm wire in the past couple months love the stuff

I use both Remee and Sewell with no issue yet. On overhead installs (Siamese with messenger) had to use Remee as I couldn't find any other source that I didn't need to take out a mortgage loan to purchase.