ghurty

Any free or cheap NVR software that cupports vivotek and act

I have a customer that is tight on a budget now and wants to hold off (temporarily) from purchasing a NVR software.

Is there any software that can support acti and vivotek cameras, that is priced very low (or free)? We can use the one that comes with acti and vivotek because he has two acti cameras with 8 vivoteks.

Thanks

Its very nice. I like the timeline search and the mobile interface (ipad) a little better on avigilon though. Its more simplified. The user interface on blue iris mobile is a little more complicated.

Haven't used it to excess myself, however people on this board like it, and for only $50 you cant really complain.

Its very nice. I like the timeline search and the mobile interface (ipad) a little better on avigilon though. Its more simplified. The user interface on blue iris mobile is a little more complicated.

Haven't used it to excess myself, however people on this board like it, and for only $50 you cant really complain.

Does it allow the user to view 12 cameras at once?

How resource intensive is it?

It uses server motion so you may need a more powerful pc for 12 cameras.

An i7 perhaps...

You can have a 12 camera view.

Does it allow the user to view 12 cameras at once?

How resource intensive is it?

You can download a demo copy that runs for 15 days, and can be reset to run another 15 if you want. BI is the best value software if you're running a lot of cameras on a budget, by a long shot.

It'll support plenty of cameras, but if you want to run a lot of MP cams, it needs some pretty serious horsepower. It likes the new 4th gen i5 and i7 cpus, and that would be the way to go if you wanted to run 12 1080p cameras. If your resolution is lower, a less powerful PC works fine.

Check out the BI community forum - lots of pc performance posts, and a good place to read up on its capabilities and get questions answered after you've done some reading:

www.cam-it.org

What misses the boat for me with BlueIris is synchronized playback meaning you can't view playback on multiple cameras at the same time, with BlueIris, you can only view one at a time. The timeline feature is lousy. Other than that, it's worked well for me for years and Ken has been improving the product dramatically.

But your goal is not features or which product is best, you clearly want free or as close to it as possible. The best value for free is Axxon, free for 16 cameras, get it here - http://www.axxonsoft.com/ It has some advanced features. So what's the catch? Not the easiest most intuitive product to setup. But not totally free, requires Windows to run and Windows is not free.

So what's 100% free, the open source project for Zoneminder. Runs on free open source Linux. Works well but again requires a bit of work to get cameras setup and does require some Linux knowledge. Has some unique features, but not the best looking interface, but it does what it it's supposed to do.

The other way to go is going to sound weird, but may work best. Get ACTi NVR3 software, it is very good, has synchronized playback, a nice timeline feature and will support the two ACTi cameras. Then get Vivotek's free NVR software for the 8 cameras and run both on the same PC.

get a 30 day trail of software you want to use you said they "temporarily" don't want to buy anything...

Blue Iris is nice! I was usuing it for a while and was happy with it. Then I switched to Xeoma, I find it more user-oriented and functional, the interface is great!

XTROT

You are using the free version of Xeoma? The pay version is $199.99 for 16 cameras.

Thanks

Chucky