quick_pick

Can A Panasonic BL-C101A be used in low light?

Sorry if it is a dumb question.

It is just that my Panasonic digital camera takes incredible pictures in the dark so I am wondering if the BL-C101A is the same way

Thank you in advance

[Thank you to every one who answers my questions with such knowledgeable answers]

Those lower end Panasonic cameras have poor low light sensitivity. I reviewed the BL-C230 which would most likely be the same sensor but with pan/tilt capabilities. I use it for our weekend home to scan the area during the day but at night it's worthless and have a fixed dome with IR LEDs for that.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Relatedly, I just read online that foscam has ip camera's with ir cut filters.

Do you know if they are any good?

Thanks

I also reviewed one of those Foscams and it wasn't bad, but still, a low end camera and my experience has been they don't last.

If you are looking for a lower cost camera, the best I can say is either a Hikvision IR dome or an ACTi IR dome. The Hikvision dome should cost about 175 and the ACTi about 229. I know the ACTi costs a little more but is 3 axis, the Hikvision is 2 axis and limits your mounting choices but both do well. The reason is these are more commercial quality and you won't regret the decision long term.

Sorry if it is a dumb question.

It is just that my Panasonic digital camera takes incredible pictures in the dark so I am wondering if the BL-C101A is the same way

Thank you in advance

[Thank you to every one who answers my questions with such knowledgeable answers]

Yep, I have one. Worthless at night even with a 40w incandescent bulb not to far away.