Abolt_Jacob

Replacement for Bosch DVR-16L

Hi, new to the forum. The Bosch DVR-16L in my office has failed. We normally monitor via an ethernet connection through our server, and video stopped showing up. I connected a VGA monitor to the unit to make sure it wasn't on the server side, and just got a black Bosch screen and nothing else ever showed up. This is the second Bosch unit we've had fail, so I'm looking for some practical replacement suggestions that aren't Bosch. We have 9 cameras connected via composite video. I'm also looking for something with automatic network setup. We'd like an internal 2 TB hard drive with the option to connect to an external hard drive as well. I'm a noob with this stuff, so please bear with me. Thanks for the help. We're willing to pay a premium for equipment that won't fail us--to a reasonable point. The failed unit was almost $2k.

Additionally, most of the cameras we're using are Bosch LTC0455/21

After doing some research, the 16 Channel Elite Mini Economy Series H.264 Realtime Security DVR from Security Camera King appears to have all the features we use in our DVR. It also has pretty good reviews on the site. Any feedback on this would be great.

What the application of the DVR?

How many FPS you need?

Who will be reviewing video? (EVERYONE, YOU, TRUSTED USERS?)

Need more info to make suggestions I think. Dont know application so its like recommending car when you dont know if you need a truck to haul stuff in or a bus to haul people in?

Understand my point?

After doing some research, the 16 Channel Elite Mini Economy Series H.264 Realtime Security DVR from Security Camera King appears to have all the features we use in our DVR. It also has pretty good reviews on the site. Any feedback on this would be great.

We are a construction company with our building located in the country with lots of equipment sitting outside. Our major concern is equipment theft and/or damage/vandalism to equipment and property. For the cameras located near the entrances, we'd like real-time recording in high resolution. We'd like those two locations to have high enough resolution and real-time (30 fps) as well to be able to identify license plates and vehicle overviews. Video will mostly be reviewed by the owner, his wife, and law enforcement, if necessary. That said, I'm thinking the next step up to the 16 Channel Ultimate Mini Series D1 Realtime Security DVR from Security Camera King will fit the bill better since it has 30 fps at D1 resolution.

I'm going to have to extend my help request as well. We're starting a rental business for our equipment as well with an entirely separate location, and I'm planning to design that system from the ground up. Again, our primary concerns are equipment theft and vandalism. The system will have 10 cameras:

2 cameras will be concentrated on smaller areas that are for equipment check-out and return. They will need to be able to verify the condition of the equipment, and one of them will also cover the area where money is exchanged.

2 others will cover a few hundred square feet of the showroom space--rectangular space with the cameras in opposite corners.

2 additional cameras will be covering the larger interior space of the shop area--again a rectangular space with cameras in opposite corners.

3 will cover large outdoor areas, one of which we'd consider using a wireless connection because it won't be building mounted and it would be a long cable run that would require breaking up new concrete. One of these will be pointed along the side of the building to cover 5 overhead doors.

1 will be mounted as outside as well, but needs to be high enough resolution to capture license plates in all light conditions, possibly at speeds one would use to crash through a sliding gate. I had considered a Bosch VER-D2R4-2 Dinion Capture 7000 (correct distance from mounted location to the gate for this specific model), but at $2,600, I'm thinking there has to be a more cost-effective option.

For both our shop and rental dvr's, we'd like to be able to program them in several different ways, i.e. most of them will be motion-activated recording, but a few will need to record continuously during business hours and then switch to motion-activated after hours.

This system will need to be tied into our network to be viewable remotely. Any suggestions to get me pointed in the right direction are greatly appreciated. We're willing to pay to do this correctly, but we don't want to be frivolous.

Thanks in advance.