shockwave199

Hikvision NVR with alarm in/out?

Do they make an 8 channel with alarm in/out? And does anyone carry it? All I've seen is a great 8 channel nvr with poe, but no alarm in/out- useless for my needs. And currently about the only reason why I'd still have to choose dahua instead. I could consider switching if someone would carry the damn thing- if there even is one!

They do make a model with alarm I/O but nobody carries it. It would be the DS-7600NI-SP - http://www.hikvision.com/en/Products_show.asp?id=6429

The regular one everyone sees for sale is the DS-7600NI-SE like this one for $359 which is not a bad deal for an 8 port PoE NVR that handle up to 5MP cameras, but no alarm I/O but it does support alarm I/O from the cameras if you happen to have one with alarm I/O - http://wrightwoodsurveillance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_6&products_id=245

And because you got me reading the manual, it does support Axis, ONVIF, Panasonic, PSIA, Samsung and Sanyo cameras if anyone wanted to know.

What's the deal with this spec stating reserved? - '1 RS-485 interface (reserved)'

If you have their ear, would you kindly suggest to wrightwood that they carry the DS-7600NI-SP please. That unit is badly needed if there's to be a real choice between dahua and hikvision. And that's assuming that this unit has alarm in/out AND RS485. These are no-brainer features and if there are hik nvr's that include them, they must start be be available. Tie that all up with built in 8 channel poe, and you got something!

I looked around and could not even find what use the RS-485 port has. It's mentioned in their manuals but not what to do with it.

You mean...it's not for a ptz?! I'm just assuming that if it actually has the hookup, it's for a ptz. But 'reserved' is odd and the only time I've heard that term used is when a board/card is coming, but not available yet- such as an adat, scsi, or smpte board that pops into the unit as an add on. It can't be that ptz isn't supported can it???

You mean...it's not for a ptz?! I'm just assuming that if it actually has the hookup, it's for a ptz. But 'reserved' is odd and the only time I've heard that term used is when a board/card is coming, but not available yet- such as an adat, scsi, or smpte board that pops into the unit as an add on. It can't be that ptz isn't supported can it???

Well, it is a NVR unit... It does support PTZ, and you can use it with PTZ IP cams with no problems. But the PTZ commands are not sent over RS485, but over the network. No idea why the RS485 can be used for.

I have a DS-7608NI-SE unit myself, and I would say it does have alarm inputs/outputs, but I do not use them.

Ohhh, so you don't use com wire to 485 with IP ptz's? That's all sent over the cat5? Is that right? Huh, I didn't realize that. I'm still stuck out here in analog land! Well I sure hope someone starts carrying the nvrs with alarms. What I do with alarm out is hookup a siren that I can manually set off remotely if needed- such as if I see someone lurking around the property. I haven't had to do it yet thankfully, but it's there if I need it. Not to mention PIR's on the inputs if needed. If Hik makes them, they need to be available. And since most resellers skipped over the dahua 8 channel units entirely and went right to 32 channels, it's even more of a need to fill that void properly for the 8 channel crowd.

I try to stay away fron NVR's with built in POE's. Unless they are of high quality the power seems to fluctuate and it seems like one of them is always going out. That's why I like to run the 485 to the PTZ too. It just seems cleaner with bandwidth and power.

Typically, my output module is part of the network too so there is no outputs or inputs on the NVR. When I have to get in a good price range I will use the NUUO.

This probably does not apply to your application but I don't feel like working today. lol

PS: Is there a spell checker on here?

So 485 even on an nvr is used for comm line. I figured so. And I would use it as well.

I understand what you're saying and everyone has different needs and approaches.

But it bares repeating- Hik needs to fill the 8 channel void. The full featured units need to be available from someone.

Was gonna say... the Swann is apparently by consensus a Hikvision. It has 8 discreet alarm inputs. Each can be configured to do different things with selected cameras or ptz presets. They can be normally open or normally closed switch sensors. My NVR is offline now as I build its location, but details to follow. This feature is the main reason I waited for the Swann, over the Lorex.

The RS-485 input supports Pelco P or D protocols, according to the specs page of the manual. This feature is not documented in the NVR manual but assuming those protocols can bus commands by address down a 485 path, I would assume it offers ptz control via the bus.

Until Swann/Hik show their hand for expansion of the product line, PTZ control via IP remains a mystery, but I'm telling you every view (including mobile) of the NVR features the ptz functions and preset lists, as well as tour settings.

Bloody annoying really, especially if you are thirsting for an affordable and compatible PTZ cam or two.

Well, if you cannot find the 8 channel Hik to meet you needs, you could try the 32 channel version....DS-9632NI-ST

It does have 16 channel input & 4 channel output alarm. And yes, I currently have working PIR & stobe lights/siren attached the input/output ports.

The RS-485 port is not noted as reserved. I have not found a PTZ camera that meets my need yet. When I do, I will make use of the RS-485 port. In any case Hik support team should be helpful if the need arises with cabling that port

Awesome! Thanks for doing that. I'm gonna guess I won't be the only one that would seriously consider that unit, so it's probably worth the effort.

" title="Applause" />

Shockwave -- did you ever get any more info on this? I'm heading down the same path. I like the Hikvision DS-7608NI-SE/8P. And on the hikvision site, the spec sheet you can download shows the alarm in/out terminals on the back panel. But the user manual on the same web page does not show the alarm I/O!!! Called the Hikvision USA tech support and they confirm it is on there.... Currently having wrightwood check it out. They say the Chinese version does not have the I/O, and are trying to get hold of their distributor to determine how the US model is configured...

This is getting to be frustrating...

Dave

I haven't switched to an nvr system yet- still running analog. Personally I just prefer dahua over hikvision so I'll be sticking with dahua for an nvr. And I really like my dahua dvr in line at the moment too. Everything is in there and it does it well for my needs. Good luck on the hikvision quest.

DS-7608NI-SE/8P does have 4/2 alarms, at least the european model.

I have the DS-7616-NI-SE/P and it does not have any alarms. Furthermore, it loses network connection all the time (we're a network company ourselves so we know "kind of" what we are doing:). So we're about to take our loss on this one and go for another solution.

Hikvision Dome IP cameras are fine, but I would not recommend their NVRs to anyone.