shlpm1

CCTV issues

I have two issues I can not resolve..

1. The mouses on two of our American Dynamics Intellex's arent moving, we've tried resetting and still no resolve.

2. There are 5 PTZ cameras that are not responding to our controllers. There are twenty total PTZ's all work except for those 5. We are running with a Megapower 168 and two AD 2089.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS!

i assume the PTZs are wired in a combination of star and daisy, and the 5 PTZs not working are on a daisy spur which is has a fault.

sounds like a big site, if you don't know what you're doing it'd probably be better to get someone in...

Please answer some of my questions below and lets see if we can get them fixed..

1. The mouses on two of our American Dynamics Intellex's arent moving, we've tried resetting and still no resolve.

2. There are 5 PTZ cameras that are not responding to our controllers. There are twenty total PTZ's all work except for those 5. We are running with a Megapower 168 and two AD 2089.

THANKS!

Oops... sorry for that.. here are the questions below.

Was there a power outage by any chance? Are anyone of these Intellex systems tied together by KVM switch or they all have their own mouse or keyboard? How many Intellex systems do you have at the location that still operate besides these two? I am sure you have mouse with PS-2 connection, which can get damaged - did you try to use USB mouse by any chance? It may involve for you to exist Intellex, go to desktop and then assign a driver (unless the system can recognize automatically) to this new USB mouse.

Start tracing the power, video and data cables (S-Net or composite cables) from the domes to nearest J-Box to see if this J-Box may have a burned fuse or power may have been disconnected (may be the circuit breaker is turned off). If rest of your domes operate good, chances are that these five domes may be are served by a J-Box that controls both the power, the video and data.

THANKS!

Please come back with some answer for the above questions and I think we can nail the answer fairly quickly.