mikeloew1

Pelco cameras lost the PTZ funtions

Hi guys I have 4 pelco spectra 4 cameras hooked to a Integral DS RealVue model DS-R16-2000. Everything has worked great for the last year, all of a sudden the PTZ function's have quit working on all 4 cameras. I have tried resetting the power on all the cameras. I am using DS Control Point software. I used to be able to go to I believe preset 95 to get to the camera menu, but I cant even do that now. I also tried disconnecting each TX + and - wires from each camera separately, no luck. I am starting to think I might have a bad video board on the DVR. Any thing I am missing? Thanks Mike

Hi guys I have 4 pelco spectra 4 cameras hooked to a Integral DS RealVue model DS-R16-2000. Everything has worked great for the last year, all of a sudden the PTZ function's have quit working on all 4 cameras. I have tried resetting the power on all the cameras. I am using DS Control Point software. I used to be able to go to I believe preset 95 to get to the camera menu, but I cant even do that now. I also tried disconnecting each TX + and - wires from each camera separately, no luck. I am starting to think I might have a bad video board on the DVR. Any thing I am missing? Thanks Mike

Hi mike, how are the data lines of the cameras wired? star, or daisy?

225902_1.png

I am using DS Control Point software

Hi. mikeloew1 sounds like COM port problem. this can happen if fitted a new mouse / keyboard or external USB drive.

IF you go into your DS Control Point software and look under setting you will see which com port is used.

then go into DVR setting then manage devices and in list COM. see if number matches that of your control point

Hi. mikeloew1 sounds like COM port problem. this can happen if fitted a new mouse / keyboard or external USB drive.

IF you go into your DS Control Point software and look under setting you will see which com port is used.

then go into DVR setting then manage devices and in list COM. see if number matches that of your control point

Thanks guys, they are wired in star. I am trying to check the com-ports, I can not seem to find that info in DS Control Point?

Tom my Integral DS RealVue model DS-R16-2000 is a Pelco stand alone DVR How do I check the com port settings, that you advised?

Update, I had a security company come out to check it out, they tested the board that controls the TX + and - and it was not good. So he is going to see if he can find a replacement board. Thanks Guys.