lamsao

Lorex 8-channel NVR with 6 1080p cams @Costco for $999.99

On the desktop via Chrome (and the junky webcomponents), it is pretty fast to scroll through hours and days of recordings, but it isn't user friendly.

It doesn't let you hop from camera to camera, making you click stop. And not syncing all camera events together, unlike most desktop software.

Annoying popups when you search the logs telling you that the search has finished.

OK, so it sounds like not everyone has this problem. Any ideas what could be wrong with my setup? Since it's slow via lan I don't think its an internet upload speed issue. Everything works its just really slow. I didn't have a guess where to look.

I found that if you use the "Device ID" instead of the "IP/DDNS" for your connection settings, you are directing the NVR to use Lorex's Stratus cloud servers. I believe that this method limits your data rate to that of your Internet connection. In my case I have DSL. So looking at my network meter widget, the data rate going through their cloud was only 2.5 to 3 Mb/s. Once I switched the connection setting for the NVR to its IP address, the data rate jumped to around 40 Mb/s since it was going directly through my router to my computer.

At least that's what I think is going on.

Does anyone know if SWANN has a firmware update yet for this NVR system? the NVR8-7200 with the 4 bullets at 1080p?

ALso i wonder if the lorex dome cameras would work plug in play with my swann kit since Swann does not yet have dome 1080p's that are IP based.

Wouldn't this count as a Swann Dome (IP), or were you talking specifically a "mini-dome"?

http://www.costco.com/Swann-HD-3MP-IP-Vari-Focal-Add-on-Dome-Camera.product.100089445.html

To get my SWANN cameras to work with the Lorex DVR in "plug and play" mode I just logged into the camera's web interface manually and changed the network address setting from static to dhcp, then changed the admin password to 000000.

I also received the older design dome cameras... Received the order on the 12th. Called Costco, who referred me to Lorex and they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about, but that if there was an update to the dome camera, they would replace it under warranty.

Has anyone had any luck with this lately?

Just bought the 4 camera system from Costco plus one Hikvision 2CD2132-I 2.8mm. It appears the NVR is handing out IPs even though I've read it doesn't have a DHCP server, and I can't find a way to disable it. The NVR defaults to 172.168.1.1 and gives Lorex cams 172.168.1.x. However, it gives the Hikvision cam a 169.1.1.x IP address.

I've changed the admin password on the Hikvision, can access it from my computer when plugged into the NVR, have DHCP enabled, etc. I've also reconfigured the NVR to start at 169.1.1.1 rather than 172 to get them in the same range. I've also tried disabling DHCP and connecting the NVR switch to my router to use its DHCP. And in all of these cases, I've tried setting the cameras both plug and play and manually (in manual, using both the Lorex and ONIF protocols).

Nevertheless, I have never managed to get this cam on the NVR/TV. ANY ideas other than starting over with Blue Iris and a PC or returning the Hik and getting more Lorex domes (they don't have 2.?

Are the "spots" always in the exact same place each night? I presume you've wiped the lens w/a soft cloth already. IMO, they look as if they're either a reflection of water droplets (like fog or mist) or something very small on the lens.

Good Luck,

J.

it is the dome camera. I will check again to see if they are in the same spots tonight. Previously it was a lot worse (mostly cloudy picture). I just opened up it up and flipped the foam to stop blocking the IR LEDs.

Here is what it looked like the night before I opened it up and adjusted the foam around the lens:

271524_1.jpg

The foam needs to push right up against the dome.

The inside needs to be cleaned with glass cleaner, make sure the silica gel is dry before closing it up.

it is the dome camera. I will check again to see if they are in the same spots tonight. Previously it was a lot worse (mostly cloudy picture). I just opened up it up and flipped the foam to stop blocking the IR LEDs.

Here is what it looked like the night before I opened it up and adjusted the foam around the lens:

271524_1.jpg

I know this issue is dated but were you able to find a resolution for the spots in the IR view?