everwake

Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I firmware language mismatch?

recieved two DS-2CD2032-I, one with 3mm lens and waterproof rj-45 connector, and the other one with 12mm lens and the square rj-45 connector also found on the dahua bullets.

the 12mm came with firmware version: V4.0.9 130106 which I tried to update to the same fw level as the other one: V5.0.0 130412

i tired using both the file from their european site, and their US ftp server, but both give me the same error message:

"language mismatch"

any ideas what's going on?

I had the same issue with two 12mm cameras that were shipped from China. The best I can tell is that the US and European programming is incompatible with those cameras shipped directly from the factory in China. I searched and searched for an upgrade path to the 5.0 Raptor Software and finally resorted to e-mailing the firm which I purchased them from in China

The first firmware upgrade they sent did not work and I resigned my self to not being able to upgrade. Very unexpectedly, The very kind and helpful lady e-mailed me another firmware update titled digicap.dav1140050031111110021, that, when applied, went through without issue. My Hikvision 12mm cameras are now using the 5.0 130412 firmware.

If you PM me with your e-mail address I will send you the firmware that worked for me. I have not seen this Chinese firmware update listed on any sites that I have visited.

recieved two DS-2CD2032-I, one with 3mm lens and waterproof rj-45 connector, and the other one with 12mm lens and the square rj-45 connector also found on the dahua bullets.
How did you get one with a 3mm lens? The Hikvision spec sheet only lists 4mm, 6mm and 12mm as the available lens options.

my missake, the lens is labelled as 4mm, but in reality its closer to 3mm.
Ah, ok. MaxIcon also stated that the lens is considerably wider than the stated 4mm.

The real problem is that the relationship between lens size, sensor size, and FOV is not very predictable with M12 lenses, due to a lack of standards. CS and C mount lenses don't have this problem as much.

I measured the actual FOV on the Hik in degrees, and plugged the number into the Theia FOV calculator:

1080p: 68 degrees, 3.6mm equivalent

3MP: 61 degrees, 4mm equivalent

Other FOV calculators give different numbers, as low as 3.2mm, but what really counts is the actual FOV, of course. The manufacturers need to be doing a better job of specifying the actual numbers, not calculated ones, and for every resolution as well.

I measured the actual FOV on the Hik in degrees, and plugged the number into the Theia FOV calculator:

1080p: 68 degrees, 3.6mm equivalent

3MP: 61 degrees, 4mm equivalent

Other FOV calculators give different numbers, as low as 3.2mm, but what really counts is the actual FOV, of course. The manufacturers need to be doing a better job of specifying the actual numbers, not calculated ones, and for every resolution as well.

Yep, it is clearly a jungle out there with the M12 lenses and their specs.

Did you ever measure actual FOV of the Dahua 2100 with a 3.6 mm lens? If so, what is the calculated equivalent in the Theia calculator?

My 2100 came in at 63 degrees, and calculates to 3.9mm.

It's got a 3.6mm lens, and the Dahua website only gives an FOV spec for the 6mm lens.

Old Topic I know but I am in the same boat and hope you could help and I would be able to get a copy of this firmware?

Cheers

Here's a thread with the link to the tools and instructions:

Several people have used this to upgrade over the language mismatch error.

Hello. I was o 5.2.0 on my DS-2CD2432F-IW. Updated the firmware today to the new 5.3.0 and received the "language version mismatch" message. Is the camera bricked? Although the camera was in english, it was sent from China, so probably I used the wrong firmeware. But is there a solution or is it bricked? Thanks in advance.

Usually, "language mismatch" means it won't update due to the upgrade not matching the region designation of the camera, so nothing should have been changed.

That said, it's hard to rely on what Hik does with the firmware, and they've been mixing things up a good bit.

If it is bricked (won't reboot, no video available), best bet is to reload 5.2.0 using tftp (search the site for details). It can be tricky to do this and still have it in English, though.