gohigher

ir cutting

Hello

I have some cctv cameras without ir cut filter on it. Now what i'm wondering is that if it is possible to put an ir cutting lens on it. Hope this can work .

The looong answer is probably yes but the short answer is no with relatively cheap cameras with M12 lenses. You're much better off buying a proper camera with the IR cut filter in place and using the other one in a place where it is useful. If you're talking about a box camera with CS mount lens then life is much easier if the camera sensor is sensitive to IR.

The looong answer is probably yes but the short answer is no with relatively cheap cameras with M12 lenses. You're much better off buying a proper camera with the IR cut filter in place and using the other one in a place where it is useful. If you're talking about a box camera with CS mount lens then life is much easier if the camera sensor is sensitive to IR.

I dont now if it's helping but this is the camera set i have

http://www.lightinthebox.com/nl/ultra-lage-prijs-8-kanaals-cctv-dvr-kit-h-264-8-outdoor-waterdichte-kleurencamera-s_p325409.html.

I like to give it a try, but i have to now what part i need and what i must do with it.

Cams on that system are super cheap. Don't waste your time. Spend a few more dollars and get real cameras with proper filters that work.

Cams on that system are super cheap. Don't waste your time. Spend a few more dollars and get real cameras with proper filters that work.

So its not possible with these cams you think? If i have to buy 8 new camera's its a lot of money to me. So if its is possible i would like to try it.

Possible? Maybe. But it is much more likely that you will waste lots of time and money buying lenses that won't fit and won't focus and/or will have screwed up colours. How are you going to get the cams to sense darkness and switch off the filter on your new lenses? They might also be too long and won't fit in the housing and remain waterproof. A lot of engineering went into making those cameras as cheap and crappy as they are. Sell them and put the money into cams that will do a better job. Remember TANSTAAFL- there ain't no such thing as a free lunch. You got your money's worth out of what you paid for those 8 cams- very little. One good name-brand camera costs more than that whole system. You bought a package that can't do what you want it to do. Spending a bit more money on a different package would have given you much better results.