Dâniel Fraga

DAHUA bug: FTP records empty files (0 byte)

With the latest 20130313 and 20130517 firmwares, Dahua cameras don't record to FTP anymore because of a bug with these firmwares. The solution is to downgrade to 20121031 (at least for HFW2100).

Other users confirmed there's this FTP bug. For example, MaxIcon confirmed this bug exist:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=33328&p=227304&hilit=dahua+firmware#p227304

I emailed overseas@dahuatech.com and they replied asking from where I am and after that they forwarded to a Dahua engineer, but he was unable to reproduce the problem. So they can't fix it because they can't reproduce the bug...

If you use Dahua and depends on FTP, could you please send e-mail to overseas@dahuatech.com asking them about this bug? Maybe they could test more. This bug was introduced in newer firmwares.

Thanks.

Ps: I can't wait for the day we could have open source firmwares so we don't depend anymore on these horrible support (http://www.openipcam.com/).

Hi,

Suddenly my IPC-fdw 2100 has start to record to FTP. The firmware is 20130517. A week ago I start to play around With the SDK parameter config. I do not know what made it work, but today I discovered that it had recorded to FTP every day in about a week. It was basically the network config that I played With in the SDK.

paal