tmartin

Cop needing technical help.

This looks pretty good too, I have seen it use on TV (Court TV???) check out the overview presentation.

http://www.oceansystems.com/dtective/features.htm

This would be killer for you as it will do CCTV and camcorder, the specific things I like are the frame averaging and image stabilization. Those two features alone are sweet enough.

You might return the favor and hit up some of your lab's guys and see what it is they like/use.

That is THE forensic system out there. As a matter of fact it is the main one the lab uses (at least the guy I talk to). A decked out in full regalia setup is about $30-40k and requires a good bit of training. Not to say I wouldn't mind getting trained and getting a set up!

Your spot on about the pro stuff. There are a lot of nasty things out there. You'll see me around for a while as I figure out how to do it right so I can offer the right advice and answers!

Thanks for all your input,

Bill

Has anyone got any multiplexed video images that they have captured on a pc, that they could send over, I am trying to see if I can extract each camera in turn from multiplexed images. Need samples to work from though.......

My captures dont seem to capture properly (either that, or my kramplex isnt working properly, or I am missing something obvious..........)

The more samples the better chance I have of coming up with something useful

Used to be a software developer by trade, but depression (workplace bullying) got the better of me, so very rusty now, but trying to do something interesting, and useful....

All you need is a usb video grabber and your laptop or pda and you can get video off of any thing that has a video out.