dechowireless

Dahua DVR1604HD-L 16CH HD-SDI DVR

Hello i have a DVR1604HD-L and i have installed all 16 HDSDI cameras to it everything works correctly but from time to time certain cameras would blink out for like 2 secs. I wonder is its the power so i went to buy a brand new power supply box each one of these cameras without IR take up 300mA with IR on it takes 900mA i have 2 power box one is 10A 9CH and the other is 18CH 11A the 10A is a off brand power box and the 11A is an ALtronix SAV1820. i dont think the power is the issue but i could be wrong... there are 6 cameras going into the 9CH box and 10 cameras going into the 18CH box... i calculated all the power ratios and its all correct. Now i wonder if its the compression of the DVR.. i dropped all the videos down to 720P @ 14fps and now i only get 2 cameras that blink... please help if you ever encountered this problem... thanks

I know two people so far that has installed hd sdi and they both had some sort of issues. Cameras dropping out or colors all screwy. I'm going to wait to hd sdi gets alittle more perfected before trying it out. It sounds like bandwidth for you though. You said you lowered resolution and fps, but did you lower bandwidth?

Hello i have a DVR1604HD-L and i have installed all 16 HDSDI cameras to it everything works correctly but from time to time certain cameras would blink out for like 2 secs. I wonder is its the power so i went to buy a brand new power supply box each one of these cameras without IR take up 300mA with IR on it takes 900mA i have 2 power box one is 10A 9CH and the other is 18CH 11A the 10A is a off brand power box and the 11A is an ALtronix SAV1820. i dont think the power is the issue but i could be wrong... there are 6 cameras going into the 9CH box and 10 cameras going into the 18CH box... i calculated all the power ratios and its all correct. Now i wonder if its the compression of the DVR.. i dropped all the videos down to 720P @ 14fps and now i only get 2 cameras that blink... please help if you ever encountered this problem... thanks

What type of RG59 are you using?

Extracted from Videcon SDI camera brochure

Important - Please Note

For HD-SDI installations, we recommend that this device is used with RG59 cable, with an inner

conductor made of bare copper, with a minimum diameter of 0.7mm. Using a copper clad cable,

or one with a smaller inner conductor, is very likely to reduce cable lengths or cause signal loss.

Using the recommended cable should ensure that cable lengths of 100 metres can be achieved.

Since you have every camera at 2k, do you still have the problem?

still have the problem.. im going to change out the dvr tomorrow and see if it fixes the problem thanks for your help!

What type of RG59 are you using?

Extracted from Videcon SDI camera brochure

Important - Please Note

For HD-SDI installations, we recommend that this device is used with RG59 cable, with an inner

conductor made of bare copper, with a minimum diameter of 0.7mm. Using a copper clad cable,

or one with a smaller inner conductor, is very likely to reduce cable lengths or cause signal loss.

Using the recommended cable should ensure that cable lengths of 100 metres can be achieved.

thanks!!

i have here in the netherlands the same problem as you , we try everthing but no solution

i think the problem is in the HD-SDI recorder we chance everything !!!

i have here in the netherlands the same problem as you , we try everthing but no solution

i think the problem is in the HD-SDI recorder we chance everything !!!

Did you try to use a short run of RG59 and connect the camera straight to the DVR?

yes we use new RG59 cable and we use another coax RG6 with good coper in it ,

no result !!! the lenght is 15 meters .

i think it is in the Recorder . if we use an another HD-SDI recorder [ from another company ] we have no problem with it

i think it is in the Recorder . if we use an another HD-SDI recorder [ from another company ] we have no problem with it

Only certain channels or all have problem? The other SD-I DVR from which company if it's ok for you to disclose.

Edited by Guest

Only certain channels or all have problem?

I think you see first if its is PAL or NTSC.. i have encountered that problem too..

Only certain channels or all have problem?

I think you see first if its is PAL or NTSC.. i have encountered that problem too..

we have problems on different channels we have picture 5 minuts picture , and then he is blinking for 2 seconds .