PeteCress

IP Cam Works For A Few Minutes, Then Becomes Unreachable?

This one is making me crazy.

Got a couple of EdiMax 3030's.

One ran at this site for two years, no problems.

Now, I connect it, fire it up, it seems to work... but within an hour it becomes unreachable. Still shows up on a network scan, still exposing the ports needed, responds to Ping... but it's web page cannot be opened.

OK, swap it out for one from home. Same make/model... and the same chain of events.

Took the problem camera home, plugged it in, and it worked a-ok without my having touched a thing.

The problem site is on a Verizon DSL modem functioning as the switch/router. The DSL modem is a new one - replacing the one that drowned in Sandy. Home is on a "real" router.

I have gone through three iterations of the "Cam bad, swap it out, works at home" scenario.

If it didn't work from the get-go, I'd understand.... but working for something less than an hour and then not working but being pingable.... and then working immediately when hooked up at another site???

Seems like something with the DSL modem is possible.... but what could change over that less-than-an-hour time period and seemingly heal itself when the alternate camera (which had become unreachable, say, 2 weeks ago) was swapped back in - only to recur again with that camera?

I don't think it's port forwarding because I'm down there and trying to access the cam directly/locally - as in 10.0.0.132:1320.

Has anybody seen anything like this?