Sign in to follow this  
jameson4345

Need Help Choosing cameras and DVR

A new neighbor has moved in next door and has already broken one of our windows, repeatedly kicked over our trash cans, and threatened violence against our family. We do not know what the issue is with this individual but believe he is mentally unstable and does not like our race. The homes are in a gated community where homes are 1 million plus so this is definitely out of the norm. The police have been useless saying we no hard proof that he commited these crimes. Id like to install approximately 8 cameras to protect me and my family. I have done some research but am unsure what is a good brand and what isn't? Does Honeywell make good cameras? I would like the cameras to be dome with the dark tinted lens so no one can see which way the camera is pointing. What is the difference between analog and IP. I have noticed ip cameras are significantly more expensive. Id also like for the cameras to be able to have good night vision as the crimes have occoured in middle of the night. Any help in the right direction would be appreciated.

As your neighbor behavior is not good and police are looking for proof in order to take action against him then here you must need to buy security surveillance camera systems which works best on day-night.

So, search for "CCTV Lighting Solutions" which will result out best sites where you are able to buy a security camera system as per your need.

This is all in what you want to pay for. Analog systems are cheaper and have good cameras. If all you need is a video that shows your neighbors walking over and destroying stuff, then that is what you will need.

IP will give you a higher definition picture so you can go ahead and actually tell who that person is. If for example you don't have coverage of them going from their place to yours, IP will be able to see the face way clearer.

I have not dealt with cops and video quality so I don't know what they will or wont take as evidence. If you get a really cheap camera system and the face doesn't show clearly, the cops might not take it.

I would recommend any camera from 600TVL-700TVL (analog) or 1.3mp and up for IP.

Hope you catch him in the act and can get him to pay for all the damages.

An Internet protocol camera, or IP camera, is a type of digital video camera commonly employed for surveillance, and which unlike analogclosed circuit television (CCTV) cameras can send and receive data via a computer network and the Internet.

You can select according to your budget as their are many CCTV cameras available in the market even security company will suggest you which one is better.

As you want to use for evidence, you'd better to choose very HD resolution.

Foscam,Hikvision,Dahua is good.