Sign in to follow this  
milkisbad

How to connect this ? IP camera's audio/alarm wire block

230007_1.jpg

Hi guys, I have no idea what to connect this with, the vendor did not include a cable with this. I think I just cut and strip the audio cable then connect to a cable to RCA plug to use with a mic?

Thanks for any ideas!

Hi guys, I have no idea what to connect this with, the vendor did not include a cable with this. I think I just cut and strip the audio cable then connect to a cable to RCA plug to use with a mic?

Thanks for any ideas!

I'm not sure I understand. Isn't the cable pictured the one that came with the camera? If so, there should be a location to plug it into the camera itself. And yes, you could simply cut and strip the other end directly to an audio plug. However I would terminate all the connections to some type of terminal block first.

The cable is coming OUT from the camera, which is why its so perplexing that they did not include another cable with all the termination with it lol.

Thank you for reassuring my assuming on the cut and strip ~

A picture showing what is beneath the camera, and any other cables that come out from the camera, would help.

Also, what are the labels on all of those wires?

230062_1.jpg

230062_2.jpg

230062_3.jpg

230062_4.jpg

Hi Mindtwist, hope these pictures provide more clues. The manual I got from hikvision europe's site called 'baseline installation' and it also didn't tell me what cables to connect to. The labels are just things like alarm in/mic +/mic -, etc.

Hi Mindtwist, hope these pictures provide more clues. The manual I got from hikvision europe's site called 'baseline installation' and it also didn't tell me what cables to connect to. The labels are just things like alarm in/mic +/mic -, etc.

It sure does, I didn't recognise the first picture as a Hikvision camera, it is one of the following:

http://www.hikvision.com/en/products_show.asp?id=8723

http://www.hikvision.com/en/products_show.asp?id=8724

I see nothing on the manual about the audio/alarm interface. Maybe you are supposed to get (buy) some external cable that will supply the needed conectors for mic in, audio out, alarm inputs and outputs, ...? I find it quite strange that the cable does not come included with the camera. I would need to ask my Hik supplier to know, I have never installed that model.

You can surely cut the cable and do the connections yourself, but that is something I would not do myself and would not recommend, you would lose your warranty.

Thanks Mindtwist for the comment about the warranty, I wasn't thinking that.

Our company ordered 8 of them, I opened 4 of them, no cables...only a bnc test cable that plugs to the board. It did come with a large junction box though.

Our senior tech who is the contact with Hikvision thinks they just forgot the cable lol, but he works in another branch so he ignores my plea for help alot.

I've been looking for something like a 'two pin male to RCA female' cable (kind of like the test BNC cable they included, but its two-pin female to BNC female) but no luck.

Well it is what it is, hopefully senior tech guy is right and they'll ship us the cables later. I'll tell our sales not to let them cut the cable as it might void the warranty, even thought that method will work.

Thanks again.

Thanks Mindtwist for the comment about the warranty, I wasn't thinking that.

I wouldn't worry about that. I've sent items in for warranty work in the past and they always specify they don't want you to send any of the included accessories, including cables. They just want the main item. It is odd though that they would send you a cable with such a unique connector and expect you to find the mate. All the cameras I've had either just provide a single connector that plugs into the camera and expect you to add your own wires, or provide connector to camera with wires that are open ended so you can add your own connector/block.