Anderino

Dahua NVR 3208 recording rate

I am looking at getting this NVR with 4 x 2mp cameras. Am I correct in thinking that I will be able to record ALL 4 channels at full 1080p 8192mbps? I have searched the forum many times and cannot quite understand if this is the case or if its only 1080p for 1 channel and the more you add the lower the quality gets?

Thanks

I record mine with four 1080 cameras, all set at CBR 4096 15fps and it is plenty great. Doesn't answer your specific question though. I just never had a need to go any higher to see.

Depending on the firmware, you should have a total of 32000 kbps to play with. As shockwave mentioned, at 4096, the image still looks good. Keep in mind, if remote viewing, the higher the bit rate, the slower the streaming is what I have noticed. If you do not plan on remote viewing from a PC, than go with the most kbps you want.

I record mine with four 1080 cameras, all set at CBR 4096 15fps and it is plenty great. Doesn't answer your specific question though. I just never had a need to go any higher to see.

Appreciate that Shockwave, that does help me. What cameras do you use with yours?

I am looking at getting this NVR with 4 x 2mp cameras. Am I correct in thinking that I will be able to record ALL 4 channels at full 1080p 8192mbps? I have searched the forum many times and cannot quite understand if this is the case or if its only 1080p for 1 channel and the more you add the lower the quality gets?

Thanks

I have the 3208, and really like it but have only connected two cameras so far. Performance is good with two.

Out of curiosity, why are you using the 3208 if you only want 4 cameras - why not the 3204 ? I ask because I am looking at buying a second unit but don't need more than 4 cameras and am trying to decide which one to get.

I'm gonna take a wild guess here. He might install more cameras in the future??????

Well I realise that is the likely reason, but I just wanted to know perchance whether he thought there was an advantage to using a 3208 if he only had 4 cameras.

Thanks for your help guys, I understand now.

I am looking at the 3208 as knowing me I will want to add more cameras at some point.

Does anyone have a manual for this system they could send me, I've searched everywhere and it seems Dahua want to keep it secret?!

Thanks for your help guys, I understand now.

I am looking at the 3208 as knowing me I will want to add more cameras at some point.

Does anyone have a manual for this system they could send me, I've searched everywhere and it seems Dahua want to keep it secret?!

The manual is on the CD, but if for some reason you haven't got it, PM me with an email address and I will send it you. It's a bit frustrating because it documents a whole load of different NVRs and you have to sift through for the bits relevant to the 32XX models

I'm gonna take a wild guess here. He might install more cameras in the future??????

Well I realise that is the likely reason, but I just wanted to know perchance whether he thought there was an advantage to using a 3208 if he only had 4 cameras.

Um, I'm gonna take another wild guess. The advantage of using the 3208 rather than the 3204 is so he can add more

cameras in the future???????????

Um, I'm gonna take another wild guess. The advantage of using the 3208 rather than the 3204 is so he can add more

cameras in the future???????????

No need to be sarcastic. He said in his OP "I am looking at getting this NVR with 4 x 2mp cameras." and then asked a question about performance which was directly linked to the number of cameras he planned. He didn't ask what would happen if he added more. I agreed with you that it was likely this was the reason but not certain. I know myself when I first looked at this device I assumed the 3208 had more performance than the 3204 (because there was nothing physically stopping one attaching more than 4 cameras). I subsequently was informed that the difference in price was nothing more than a licensing charge. I was actually only trying to be helpful from my own research.