Sign in to follow this  
myrotfl

Front door system

I have been searching all over the web, Googling everything I can think of and searching threads on this forum and coming up more confused than I was when I started.

I have run the gambit from looking at and examining specs and reading reviews on full 8+ camera systems.

Today I looked out where I would install cameras and the locations mostly face South with much glare, so I believe all I would get are well lit black outlines of people approaching on any camera I might install, so it doesn’t seem to effective to me.

-- What I really want is just a 1 or 2 camera system to do front door monitoring.

-- I would like 2-way audio

-- I want an to be able to use an iPad or iPhone so I can answer the door from my family room (I move kind of slow)

-- I want to record who comes and goes from the front door when I am home or away.

-- I would like to be able to use a Mac OS computer to control/configure using Safari web browser.

-- I would like to use a physical NVR (not a software solution on a PC or Mac)

-- I want IP cameras with HD capabilities.

I know what I want must exist, but I am no closer today than I was when I started.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Still searching! The only Front Door Intercom systems I find are either not available in the USA or are total crap, and the DVR based systems, or PC based systems do not have 2-way audio available.

Maybe someone should make something like this. IOS and Android integration would be real helpful.

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy. When it comes to doing this with an nvr or analog dvr, it can be done no problem. With a typically tight space such as a front door, analog can actually be enough for detail that is just fine. Here's a couple shots of my front door with analog- the camera being well placed

Cmas2-1.jpg

cmas3-1.jpg

danatdoornight1-1.jpg

And yes, recorded proof Santa does exist-

174900_1.jpg

So depending, analog could work and be cheaper as far as picture. For audio, there is this rig to consider. An NVR would be great, but a more expensive option.

REJgL0b8SRc

So.. To revive this topic... Are there any turnkey systems that don't take a degree to manage? I need one like this for my mother who lives alone... Something unobtrusive and non obvious would be great... I can do the install...