Brenning

Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I - Disable IR on night mode

Does anyone know if its possible to disable the IR light on the Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I camera whilst in night mode? I have a camera that is looking through glass and at night its pretty blind as the IR just reflects off the glass. Short of covering up the IR lights, is there perhaps a command that can be used to disable the IR? Day mode isnt really an option as the light is poor.

No suggestions of buy a light or put the camera outside please, just want to know if the above is possible.

Brenning

Day mode actually looks better to me that night mode with IR. Can't you just unplug the LED ring?

I guess its possible to unplug the LED ring but that would mean taking the camera to bits and possibly breaking it in the process. For now i've carefully put plasticine over the area around the LEDs which is working nicely but if there is a software way to do this im all ears

There's currently no way to do this in software, though Hik said they planned to incorporate it in the 5.1 firmware release before the end of the year, according to another post.

Some cams will let you unplug the IR board with no problems (like the Dahua 2100 and 3300), while others use the light sensor for day/night switching (like the Vivotek IP8332) and lose functionality if you unplug the board. I haven't tested this on the Hik, though, and it is a pain to take them apart.

There's currently no way to do this in software, though Hik said they planned to incorporate it in the 5.1 firmware release before the end of the year, according to another post.

Some cams will let you unplug the IR board with no problems (like the Dahua 2100 and 3300), while others use the light sensor for day/night switching (like the Vivotek IP8332) and lose functionality if you unplug the board. I haven't tested this on the Hik, though, and it is a pain to take them apart.

Very interesting, can you pm me the link (or post) to the other post where this was mentioned?

Cheers,

Brenning

Subscribing. I am interested on this feature too, I have msyelf a 2CD2032-I siting next to another huge analog camera, and the IR from both is just a bit too much.

Is this how you are suppose to do it with the new firmare?

245854_1.png

Because I uncheck the "Enable IR Light", save it and the camera still has the red lights on.

245854_1.png

Because I uncheck the "Enable IR Light", save it and the camera still has the red lights on.

I think this is right , and if you can any promblem in firmware , you can contact with me .or send Email fydym@126.com.

[i mg]http://www.cctvforum.com/images/imported/2014/04/245854_1.png[/img]

I think this is right , and if you can any promblem in firmware , you can contact with me .or send Email fydym@126.com.

I got it to work.

Unchecking the box has no effect if the red IR lights are already on, but if you uncheck before the camera goes into night mode, then they never turn on when it finally does.

Thanks - good info. Someone said you had to reboot the camera after changing this, which would have the same effect, but would definitely take longer!