PeteCress

Sony SNC-CH260 Suddenly Blind To IR?

My SNC-CH260 seems to have stopped sensing IR.

The IR illuminators have gotten goofy too - going mostly off and then on for short periods.

I base the IR blindness, however, on the fact that there is a supplemental IR source illuminating the target and the Sony just isn't seeing the IR. It's seeing the residual light from other sources, but not the IR.

Last nite everything was a-ok. Tonite we have a problem

Today I was running some new Cat6 to the cam, but the problem persists even when I switch back to the old cable. Also tried swapping out the POE switch with another to no effect.

Could something mechanical be stuck? I understand there's something called an IR Cut Filter and I'm hoping maybe if it's stuck in the daylight position that could cause the IR blindness.

I don't even want to think about the intermittent IR illuminators yet.... -)

IR Cut filter is stuck in.

That's what I was hoping to hear.

Thanks.

Now to get the thing apart and figure out how to un-stick it....

IR Cut filter is stuck in.

That's what I was hoping to hear.

Thanks.

Now to get the thing apart and figure out how to un-stick it....

Removed housing's main cover exposing the circuit board and, I *think* the housing for the cut filter - although it was out of reach with just the cover off.

Didn't have the heart to try to dig deeper, but when I forced night mode, I heard "Click".... back to day mode, "Click".... put it back together, waited for night time... and it seems to be working a-ok.

I'm thinking the several iterations of zooming/unzooming that I put it through while the cover was off somehow freed it up.

"Clean and Adjust" ?

"Field Boot Maintainence" ?