Zohan

Dahua based IP cam problem

I have one of these

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hdw4100s-399.html

The major concern is that I am getting periods where the image will freeze then the screen will go black and I will get the message "resource is limited, open video failed"

Tech support was not much help with that one, they say must be something with my network....??

I did a speedtest am am getting 58 mbps down and 34 mbps up.....

The camera is connected to a switch which is then connected to the router. The switch is a cheap ass switch i've been meaning to replace but because everything has been good with it I keep forgetting.

So, I'd like to start speccing these cameras but not if they will have issues dropping out.....

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this.....replace switch? router? both? I dont really have time to replace everything in the chain, doing the trial and error thing. Hoping to find the answer before it comes to that...

By the way, the dropouts average 1 - 3 seconds....the longest one was for about 30 seconds but that hasnt happened again, it's mostly a second or 2, then right back on.

When you see resource is limited screen, do you have more than one camera open? And what part of LI are you on?

I only have 1 camera...got it to test at my own house before putting in any clients homes.

No nvr, just the camera...

Suffolk,county Long Island...you?

I'm in Queens. I usually get that mssg if I have too many cameras with high bandwidth set. If your only viewing this one camera, that is odd. What do you have the bit rate set at?

I have the 1.3 mp eyeball.....and yes it's odd i get that message with only 1 camera....I'd like to start using these but not if this is going to happen, and with only 1 camera going

Main stream bit rate is set to 4036 or something like that. I've also tried 6144.

On another note the settings seem to change by themselves once in a while.....but that's the secondary problem....

Thanks

I'm sure someone else can chime in with an idea, but I have alot of these out in the field and have never seen that mssg with just one camera. So, this camera is connected to your network and you are logging into it while on your own network? Are you using the web interface, pss, or BI? Did you try plugging it directly into your router? It might just be a defective camera?

I'm sure someone else can chime in with an idea, but I have alot of these out in the field and have never seen that mssg with just one camera. So, this camera is connected to your network and you are logging into it while on your own network? Are you using the web interface, pss, or BI? Did you try plugging it directly into your router? It might just be a defective camera?

Could be defective i dont know. Originally the picture and color looked great. A day later colors all washed out. Called tech support and we did firmware upgrade and a default reset and colors good again.

Yes i am logging in to just the camera local ip, there is no problem there but i get the problem when i log into it via the outside. I have it set up through my custom ddns....my name.mycompany.com:port number

It's plugged into a switch so maybe ill try directly to router?

Are you saying you get that message with multiple cams? How many?

Could be defective i dont know. Originally the picture and color looked great. A day later colors all washed out. Called tech support and we did firmware upgrade and a default reset and colors good again.

Yes i am logging in to just the camera local ip, there is no problem there but i get the problem when i log into it via the outside. I have it set up through my custom ddns....my name.mycompany.com:port number

If the camera always works frin on the network, then it is not a defective camera; what is defective is your connection. The bandwidth is just not enough for watching it remotely. What is your upload bandwidth? You say you tried as high as 6144kbps, do you actually have 6mbps upload bandwidth?

If the camera always works frin on the network, then it is not a defective camera; what is defective is your connection. The bandwidth is just not enough for watching it remotely. What is your upload bandwidth? You say you tried as high as 6144kbps, do you actually have 6mbps upload bandwidth?

Absolutely

230605_1.png[/url

Having a fast upload bandwidth is half the equation, you could have a fast connection but with poor latency which would give you the same effect of dropped frames, poor frame rate and such. Also, you could have an Ethernet cable issue, so swapping camera on the same wire could help troubleshoot. Are you other cameras behaving better?

Remotely, I would try lowering the resolution and frame rate to D1 and 10fps and see if that fixes the issue, then you would know if it's a network issues. Also, from within your LAN at full resolution/frame rate it should be good.

I have a few Dahua, but actually have one of these, the IPC-HDW2100, does pretty well for in low light, but I get IR LED light bleed at night which surprised me for a camera with flat glass. They have been reliable with my oldest one over a year old.

I used to live in Long Island in Great Neck, pleasant area.

Try a 12v power supply and go straight to the router to see if the poe switch is the problem. I had one dahua camera act weird a while back- a different camera, but still. What solved the issue is, every stream but sub stream, I made the same- particularly the motion stream and main stream staying matched. I'm not even sure if that function of the motion stream being adjustable upwards actually works even now. But sub stream I keep at D1 CBR 15fps @ 896. That's a little high even for sub stream but it's only a 4 camera system, so remote pc and phone app is fine. But try only one thing at a time so you know what worked. I would see if the switch is bad first. Also, you linked to the 2mp. You say you have the 1.3?

Btw- suffolk county myself too.

You also haven't mentioned anything about the how long a cable you have the camera on, and if you've swapped that out to see if that is the problem.

Cable is approx. 40'....did not swap it out......made it myself, it's good

All else fails, I'd swap it out anyway just to check.

10-4, will do...

so im back at my desk for last hour and ive changed settings and it's cut out a lot less.

Current settings are

720p

10 fps

vbr

quality is 6 (best)

bit rate 2048

frame interval is 20

This is all the main stream not the sub stream

this is too bad, i have 2 projects right now that would be candidates for ip systems but will have to stick with analog as i dont want to open a can of worms...

Ok, so it's definitely not the camera.....

My dogs were barking so I pulled up my analog system to see if anyone was outside. While looking at it, it blanked out for 3 seconds then came back on...same as the ip cam does....

what do you think?

Have you always used VBR. You should try sticking with CBR @ same 2048 and see. Also, you gotta try taking the switch out of the equation just to make sure.

Have you always used VBR. You should try sticking with CBR @ same 2048 and see. Also, you gotta try taking the switch out of the equation just to make sure.

Yes, I have a few netgear switches in my truck, I will replace it....

I did try cbr, it wasnt any better....

Also, see my previous post......hopefully replacing the switch will do the trick. Will do that tomorrow

Ok, I just replaced the switch with a netgear, brand new......after 4 - 5 minutes it happened.....my analog system cut out and i quickly switched to the ip cam and that was out also.....3 seconds later they came back up...

WTF...

I have optimum. I think you have verison you mentioned. Internet has been pretty screwy here lately. They like to have you think it's your problem...but it's usually them. Three days ago internet was completely down in the area for 2 hours. Has all been solid for you lately?