Zohan

Dahua based IP cam problem

I have optimum. I think you have verison you mentioned. Internet has been pretty screwy here lately. They like to have you think it's your problem...but it's usually them. Three days ago internet was completely down in the area for 2 hours. Has all been solid for you lately?

Yes, pretty much solid.....except for the dropouts that I now realize have been happening for a while

yes it's fios

If it's not dropping out on your local network and is dropping out remotely, than it definitely does not sound like the camera is bad. Technically, fios could be completely down, and you can view your camera on your local network. Now that you say your analog cameras are dropping out remotely, it really sounds like it's a problem with fios. What else do you have on your network? Xbox live? Fios TV? Phone system? Etc. It seems pretty consistant enough so I would set bit rate to the max so you get errors more often, and

start by turning off your wifi on your phone and logging into your camera through 4G service. Than, when you lose your camera

on your phone, do a speedtest, check your internet, shut off xbox live, anything you can think of. Or last resort, call Fios and tell them your losing internet every now and than just so they can do a test. Another thing you can do is keep the camera in the

switch and Ping it. If you get a slow response, something like 20ms, than your network is not talking to the camera very well. You should be getting 1-3ms response to it's IP.

If it's all going through your router, then the router can be bad. Also, isn't it warm in NYC now, the heat wave we had here last week, we sent to you guys. Maybe it's causing minor power fluctuations that are causing the issues.

If it's all going through your router, then the router can be bad. Also, isn't it warm in NYC now, the heat wave we had here last week, we sent to you guys. Maybe it's causing minor power fluctuations that are causing the issues.

You sent to us, lmao.

Shockwave, I received your PM, but I am unable to reply. I don't know why? But the answer to your question is YES.

Edited by Guest