guy999

ESC-IPC-5 2mp dome. review

I bought 2 of these direct from empire security cameras about a month ago.

After some initial hiccups, this was my first ip camera setup, I am proud to report that these images look great and it's a great price.

I am trying to post some videos on youtube, but for some reason when I export the videos from blue iris all I get are static images, even though they export a .x264 and they are opening via vlc.

I do have the fps set down to 5 fps, I don't really need much faster than that, and I prefer a great image to fast frame rate and with 2 cameras connecting into blue iris on my work computer, the cpu usage stays about 6-7 percent.

the night quality isn't the best, I have a lot of light bleed onto the dome and back, they are ok, but in doing my own research to get to a great night image I would have to spend substantially more money.

I have some images saved on my desktop, but I don't know how to post them, if someone has a guide or something I will be happy to link some pictures in, but suffice it to say they are amazing quality

I bought 2 of these direct from empire security cameras about a month ago.

After some initial hiccups, this was my first ip camera setup, I am proud to report that these images look great and it's a great price.

I am trying to post some videos on youtube, but for some reason when I export the videos from blue iris all I get are static images, even though they export a .x264 and they are opening via vlc.

I do have the fps set down to 5 fps, I don't really need much faster than that, and I prefer a great image to fast frame rate and with 2 cameras connecting into blue iris on my work computer, the cpu usage stays about 6-7 percent.

the night quality isn't the best, I have a lot of light bleed onto the dome and back, they are ok, but in doing my own research to get to a great night image I would have to spend substantially more money.

I have some images saved on my desktop, but I don't know how to post them, if someone has a guide or something I will be happy to link some pictures in, but suffice it to say they are amazing quality

You need to convert to AVI first before you post to youtube.

Try this converter http://www.mediafire.com/download/2s9325c47xslsd0/video_converter.zip

Thanks for posting that the YouTube video!

The image quality doesn't seem that good at all for 1080p. Hmmm...

I wonder if it is your video converter software. It could also be your camera or NVR settings.

What are your thoughts?

Compare it to this:

(It is a 3MP camera, but you can view it at 1080p via youtube)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1fWcBMx8zo

Chris

I have installed a few of these and the 1.3 mp. They have veri-focal lens on them. Looks like it needs to be fine tuned a bit. Double check your setting using the web GUI. Also check if you have the newest firmware on it. They just posted a new one on there web site. Good Luck

I have installed a few of these and the 1.3 mp. They have veri-focal lens on them. Looks like it needs to be fine tuned a bit. Double check your setting using the web GUI. Also check if you have the newest firmware on it. They just posted a new one on there web site. Good Luck

Dr, do you have a link to the firmware. Their sites search function doesn't seem to be working.

Got it, thanks Dr3

Edited by Guest

Dr, do you have a link to the firmware. Their sites search function doesn't seem to be working.

Just go to the camera you have and it is located at the bottom of the description.