fisma

WiFi and DVR/NVR

I have wireless access point in my office and I am going to buy DVR or NVR with cameras. What should I buy if I want to connect my DVR (or NVR) device into wireless access point without network cable? In case of PCs without built-in wireless adapter we may buy internal or USB wireless adapter. What about DVR or NVR? Please, give me the name of device. Whould be better if you will send link to it also.

Is it possible to solve this problem using DVR? It is almost impossible to have a wire between router and video recorder. That is why I would like to use wireless.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833315120

Try a powerline network adapter. Plug one in by your computer and the other one by the dvr. Instant network without new wires. There are exceptions, but they generally always connect to each other as long as the two plugs share the same electrical panel.

I don't recommend that brand specifically, it just happens to be on sale at the moment.

Small home office AP wireless routers even g and n are rated at data burst not a constant data stream 802g will only run about 6mb constant done been there and tested this.

the best option would be a mains power network adaptor, however this will not work if the socket ring is on different circuits, the other way is to use wireless-n ethernet bridge however there will a loss if you are too far from router, you did not mention distance from router as this will help offer solutions.

I am running 100mb constant data stream using wireless built for video back haul not some built for home use wireless equipment this is all on a 75 acre plot of land.

Homeplugs are surprisingly reliable. I ALWAYS have at least one in the van and I use one at home too NEVER buy NETGEAR because although they are a good name, the regularly go wrong out of the box and then you get a refurbished item to replace it WHAT A DAMN LIBERTY

THE NETGEAR WARRANTY

BUY A NEW ITEM AND WHEN IT GOES WRONG OR IS D.O.A. THEY PROMISE TO REPLACE IT WITH A 'REFURBISHED ITEM'

ISN'T THAT THE KIND OF DEAL WE ALL DREAM ABOUT.....................well er, actually no its not! Netgear take note!