Hi all,

I'm adding a out door ptz camera to my system, I was test running it lat night and noticed that it doesn't have an internal fan, is anyone else running a PTZ dome in the UK without an internal fan?

If so have you encountered any problems, dome fogging up or failures?

Hi all,

I'm adding a out door ptz camera to my system, I was test running it lat night and noticed that it doesn't have an internal fan, is anyone else running a PTZ dome in the UK without an internal fan?

If so have you encountered any problems, dome fogging up or failures?

I think It is not so hot in UK

Can I have the photo to have a look at (who makes it )?

Philip

It might have a heat sink built in. Are you installing the ptz in an oven?

I wouldn't worry about it. If it's "designed" to be outdoors then go for it.

Well time will tell I suppose, thanks for the repys

I am used to working with bosh cameras with various heaters and fans.

Your average ptz will produce some btus of heat what can be a problem is a sudden change drop in temperature causing condensation inside the dome bubble.

This can to some degree be dealt with by placing dessicant bags in the camera housing as used in bosch g3 cameras on dome trim ring. The G3 camera has two heatsinks with fins and the convection heat causes circulation throughout the bubble, the outer shield keeps the heat down somewhat as well as a white finish.

The G3 system is far from airtight however there is an optional NEMA gasket for the top of the dome. The perimeter of the bubble does not seal up well.

On g4 camera systems a computer style processor fan. a heater, a theromostat and two plastic ducts are used to blow warm air inside the dome bubble to defog it.

Bosch's ultimate solution is to use nitrogen to pressurize the dome to about 10psi through a valve stem like on a bike tire, this is an expensive option for sure.

One can retrofit some cameras crudely but effectively using various resistive strip heaters and thermostats sometimes scavenged from old pelco prison style camera housings that are used on pan tilt motors.

Hi Brother,

You will meet big problem with this PTZ camera. This is one very very cheap PTZ camera.

Some small factories try to save any cent with their so-called products in Shenzhen city PR China.

If possible, please add one DC12V fan and temperature control kit by youself. Or you will have to save a lot of time to repair it within next 4 monthes.

Marvin Young

Thanks for the reply Philip... Here's a pic

The Image comes from the camera module in the PTZ .

Is this 27x or 18x optical zoom ?

If it use sony 18x module , it has no necessary to put fan in it .

Philip