bbqbrisket

setting up DVR for access via remote device

Boy am i confused.

So I have this DVR that I got set up and connects directly through my home wireless on my PC and the app on my remote device but it would not connect via a remote device when I'm am on any other wireless access.

So, the app for the remote then device tells me I need a DDNS.

So I cannot figure out where to put the DDNS address on the DVR.

The pc has one address, the dvr has another address and now I have the DDNS address.

The DDNS address came with a port of 81 but my DVR says 80

I tried putting the DDNS address in the ip address section on the DVR but it doesn't like the Submask..

I am so confused.

Any help would be appreciate any help.

thanks

Where did you get this DDNS address? You need to do some reading up on DDNS and port forwarding. there should be a DDNS setting on your DVR, this would be the address you use when on an external network, and you would use an internal address when you are on your internal network.

Where did you get this DDNS address? You need to do some reading up on DDNS and port forwarding. there should be a DDNS setting on your DVR, this would be the address you use when on an external network, and you would use an internal address when you are on your internal network.

Thanks for responding.

address is from Dynu.com

I read quite a bit on port forwarding and have port forwarded almost every ip address and web address I have through the DDNS server and my router. But there seems too many ip's, addresses and ports a for me to understand which goes where.

Here are some pics of how the set up looks...what's wrong here?

thanks again for the help

350787712_ResizeWizard-network.jpg.0fbc7f56ceaf3105ee97e691606f3d4a.jpg

9048723_ResizeWizard-1net.jpg.d639b35dec11df2dc37e47383c2739c3.jpg

1771956567_ResizeWizard-device.jpg.75030b4d2d1a6f620cb99befab6c1464.jpg

What happens if you enter 174.57.150.238 or 174.57.150.238:34567 from an external network does it work?

I don't see anywhere where you have entered your actual DDNS address, this should look something like myddnsaddress.com and would map to 174.57.150.238, it saves you from having to remember your external IP and will map your external to the domain name which is helpful when you are on a Dynamic IP address which you most likely are.

What happens if you enter 174.57.150.238 or 174.57.150.238:34567 from an external network does it work?

I don't see anywhere where you have entered your actual DDNS address, this should look something like myddnsaddress.com and would map to 174.57.150.238, it saves you from having to remember your external IP and will map your external to the domain name which is helpful when you are on a Dynamic IP address which you most likely are.

hMMMM...

FROM THE IMAGES SHOWN, WHERE WOULD THE IP ADDRESS GO INTO (MAP TO)?

hi

port forward ports 80 and 34567 and 34599 only

on your router to the dvr's ip adress which is 192.168.0.10

then double click where it says members.Dyndns.org on the dvr (your photo 2 in your post)

and it will open up to choose the ddns settings which is where you will input you ddns account name and password

this will get you going

also if you try to log onto your cameras from where the dvr is (LAN) you might have to put the dvr's ip address into the ipad iphone pss on the pc software

instead of the dydns name and just use the dydns when your away from the dvd (WAN)

hi

port forward ports 80 and 34567 and 34599 only

on your router to the dvr's ip adress which is 192.168.0.10

then double click where it says members.Dyndns.org on the dvr (your photo 2 in your post)

and it will open up to choose the ddns settings which is where you will input you ddns account name and password

The problem is that I have tried that several times and members.dyns.org along with other selections is imbedded in it as it is a selection from the drop down menu which contains several DDNS servers to select from but none are mine mine....so it will not save my address in it.